<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hello

September 4 2017 at 4:40 PM
Agatha  (Login adeboer)
Hummingbird Lover 2017

Well, It has been a long time since I posted at this forum and am happy to see so many of the familiar names and love the hummingbird pictures!
I will post some photos soon as I see amazing hummingbird activity here in Dallas TX. It is as if the birds know (?) that there is not much food to obtain south of us. They sure have a lot of food betweenn flowers and feeders in my yard. Whereas normally at this time of year I might get 1 to 3 hummingbirds I could see; this year they are in the range of seeing 8-10 birds at once! I am very happy! Are those of you in the South seeing similar activity?

Agatha Mills
Dallas TX

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Nathan
(Login nmotz06)
Hummingbird lover 2013

Re: Hello

September 4 2017, 7:02 PM 

Agatha, yep it's busy here in west central Louisiana too. Going through about 2 gallons of solution per week right now. I'm trying to enjoy it since I know they won't stay forever!
Nathan Motz
Deridder, Louisiana

Cathy P (Downers Grove, IL Zone 5b)
(Login Bazuhi)
Hummingbird Lover 2014

Re: Hello

September 8 2017, 10:45 AM 

Glad they have some hummer lovers there in that area they
need all they can get!!
Cathy P
A Hummingbird Fan in Downers Grove, Illinois
Zone 5a
bazuhi@sbcglobal.net
See My Hummingbird Gardens and Plants
https://www.facebook.com/Cathy-Ps-Hummingbird-Gardens-885457968170727/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums

Find more about Weather in Downers Grove, IL
Click for weather forecast

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Hotlink for website ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics