<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

VIDEO ---> Five species share one feeder in Tucson.

September 11 2017 at 9:35 AM
Douglas  (Login DouglasE)
Hummingbird lover 2013

We have thirteen feeders in our backyard and they are all busy with birds.

Here is an Aspects Excel feeder. I set up the tripod and video camera and let it record for 128gb/ several hours. The entire video is the same so I randomly selected about ten-minutes.

Birds seen: Anna's, Black-chinned, Broad-billed, Costa's and Rufous.
We also have Allen's and Rivoli's but not in the video

It starts with a feisty Rufous. At the 2:30 minute mark all food ports are being used my multiple species.

http://www.hummingbirdmarket.com/feeders/aspects.html#excel

Pax,
Douglas
Foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains
Tucson, Arizona

This message has been edited by DouglasE on Sep 18, 2017 3:40 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken
(Login 5strings)
Hummingbirder 2010

Re: Aspects Excel feeding: Anna's, Black-chinned, Broad-billed, Costa's and Rufous

September 11 2017, 12:04 PM 

Nice video Douglas.

All my current feeders are high perch in design and are from Aspects. I have one high perch and a few humm blossoms and Gem feeders, all have the same perch design. Personally I like the design and the feeders. Aspects really stands behind their feeders, had an issue with a suction cup and they sent one out the same day!

Ken
Central NJ
USDA Zone 6
:c)

Ron
(Login RonDEZone7a)
Hummingbirder 2008

Re: VIDEO ---&gt; Five species share one feeder.

September 14 2017, 12:10 PM 

I went to the page about nectar mixes on their site. They said: "The 16 oz pouch makes makes 64 fluid ounces of nectar- your typical juice bottle - just right for filling most feeders". Maybe in Arizona! I doubt I go through 64 oz all summer here in Delaware!

But it looks like good stuff - no red dye! I might order a high-top feeder from them.
Wilmington, Delaware
USDA zone 7a
Heat zone 6
Sunset zone 32
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Hotlink for website ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics