<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

OHL released OAs

January 3 2012 at 1:04 PM
Maguire  (Login Mags5)
Registered Members

Michael Santini - Woodbridge kid, forward with scoring touch

Victor Terreri - Mississauga kid, big strong forward that can cause havic in front of the net

According to the reports, both players looking to get some attention from the CIS schools so they can utilize the 5 years if scholarship money they have accumulated.

Who gets them? Both have passed waivers but may wait until after the OHL trade deadline of 01.10 before signing on the dotted line.

There will be more, there always is.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
f-man
(Login f-man)
Registered Members

Re: OHL released OAs

January 3 2012, 2:39 PM 

Hey Maguire , why don't you get them for your team in Newmarket. They could put your team over the top. And you know they could, can you swing it.

KEV
(Login KEV_)
Registered Members

January 3 2012, 5:42 PM 

I believe Santini's OJHL's rights are held by the Chargers and Terreri's by the Capitals. I would assume both would be obtainable but an interested team would have to pay both the OHL and OJHL team. Could be costly. $10,000+ each for players rights? Both are '91's so you'd only getting be them for a few regular season games and a playoff run.

Maguire
(Login Mags5)
Registered Members

January 3 2012, 7:58 PM 

Newmarket would love Terreri! LeBlanc has been hurt since November so maybe able to take that OA spot.
After that can't they have no OA room with Bonner and Davies.
How deep are the Canes pockets? Not sure!
Does St. Mikes have room for Santini?

offside12
(Login offside12)
Registered Members

January 3 2012, 10:32 PM 

terreri has not played in the ojhl since 08/09 season. last 2 seasons he has played OHL.
does that not make him a "free agent" in the ojhl ?

KEV
(Login KEV_)
Registered Members

January 4 2012, 12:13 PM 

I'm pretty sure the league dropped the "2 year" portion of the return to league rule during the summer of 2010. Any former OJHL carded player playing Major Junior or the USHL who wanted to return to the OJHL, would become the property of the last team he played for regardless of the length time outside of the league.

Wayne Lewis
(Login wayjoy)

January 4 2012, 3:07 PM 

Santini put up some decent numbers with the Battalion;
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=110225

Terreri has bounced around with several OHL clubs;
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=115647

Don't be surprised if Trenton doesn't wind up with Santini. A hunch.

Wayjoy

This message has been edited by wayjoy on Jan 4, 2012 3:37 PM

Maguire
(Login Mags5)
Registered Members

January 5 2012, 7:51 PM 

Anyone know much about new Hurricane Philip Grainger?

Huge player causing trouble for goalies in front of the net.

KewlHockey99
(Login KewlHockey99)
Registered Members

January 5 2012, 11:15 PM 

Played in the league before a few years back with Toronto Jr. Canadiens and Markham.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=121442

MCole
(Login SouthernSmoke)
Registered Members

January 6 2012, 12:48 AM 

Santini won't end up in Trenton if I know Jerome.

A 5'9 forward isn't going to help Trenton.

D.e89
(Login D.E89)
Registered Members

January 6 2012, 12:54 AM 

Yorke Is 5.9 and Jarome Went Out And Got Him FROM GTown So i Don't sE wHY hE Wouldn't Want Santini

25zippers
(Login 25zippers)
Registered Members

Is the fix going to be "in" ?

January 6 2012, 8:48 AM 

There's no way Jerome should go out and get a 5'9" forward, D-man or Zamboni driver. This team needs to figure out a way to manufacture some offense against the Dukes and presumably any other team they meet in the playoffs. Wellington plays such a strong puck possession game that the easily intimidated Hawks can't seem to win battles or beat the Dukes to open pucks. If they don't find some players that are willing to pay the price along the boards or retrieve the puck on broken plays this stellar regular season record will be all for not. Trenton needs a nasty piece of work that's disciplined and focused. I'm convinced if someone can push back a little and create some room for the talented forwards that are already on the team Trenton can beat the Dukes in a 7 game series. For the time being they're being held to the outside for most of their shots on net and Marble is going to continue to stop all the pucks he can see.

MCole
(Login SouthernSmoke)
Registered Members

January 6 2012, 11:30 AM 

Zippers hit the nail on the head! Also, Yorke has only managed to put up 8 points in 12 games; not really lighting the house on fire...

With 1 or two cards left; I wonder what Jerome will go and find. The one thing about Wellington I have noticed is they are not intimidated by goon clubs. Wellington has a great powerplay and theyll kill you with a man advantage!

I think it would be silly to acquire an OHL overager; from what I've seen, a lot of them spend a fair amount of time in the box! Better off getting a role player off a bad team who really wants to play and win in this league!

Tim Meeks
(Login OldScribe24)
Registered Members

January 6 2012, 5:48 PM 

Zippers is absolutely correct in his assessment. I've been saying it for more than two months now, Trenton needs one or two more guys like Shawn Hulshof. Big, strong forwards who can win battles on the walls and win loose pucks. Too often, at least against the Dukes, the Hawks have not been able to generate much sustained offensive zone pressure because they lose the initial battle, the Dukes make one or two good passes and they're on the attack again, forcing Trenton to chase the game. It's an exhausting way to play. If you can't win the battle on the walls and the majority of the 50/50 pucks you'll never win anything of significance.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Junior HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement