<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

FREUDIAN SLIP 1988

December 21 2008 at 9:34 PM
  (Login SSHELLEYS)
from IP address 86.155.145.128

Great Website. Fantastic choreography of bands who've played, was it really as many as 50,000.
No wonder the late great John Peel frequented the venue to review raw original talent. Does anybody remember the Carribean fresco. My first experience of TJ's was seeing Benji (Skindread) getting up and rapping with Band Bamboo in 1984.. that was when smoking was really enjoyable...I've never really produced as the great alternatives spawn from the stalagtite venue, such as The Abs, Carlton B Morgan, Elastica, The March Hares, Full Circle. See Statementality on U Tube and the Freudian Slip's entry DEVOUR to see the decor.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Man in the know
(no login)

Fuc k you Nigel

December 27 2008, 12:10 PM 

I honestly thought you'd died.

Pity really.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous Rockaholic
(no login)

Re: Fuc k you Nigel

December 28 2008, 3:47 AM 

It does seem like most people have died

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

The irony is....

December 28 2008, 12:17 PM 

...that Hislop tried to fabricate his own disappearance once in a pityful attempt to hide from some people who badly wanted to find him for various reasons.

He's violent you know, and a bit of a coward.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

FRUG

December 29 2008, 8:04 PM 

There's obviously alot of myth and rubbish thrown around Newport.

Shame you can't reveal who you are to sit down have a beer and get things in perspective.

The original entry was written to highlight how TJ's provided an opportunity for artists to express their original material.

I'd be happy to meet you and discuss whatever hang up you have about Nigel.

There will always be incidents and misunderstanding. No matter what negatives you lash out, it can always be said that Jon and his staff make people welcome at TJ's no matter what flaws they might have.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

The farkin cheek of it.

December 30 2008, 3:08 PM 

You've been hiding behind that bull**** nickname for farking years. I was there when your cover was blown you violent twunt and so were a few others, Andy being one of 'em.

Freudian Slap indeed. What a c ock.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Chill Out

December 30 2008, 6:01 PM 

I'm familiar with the situ back in 1991. Seems like you want to take up arms on behalf of Andy Barding. There was some rivalry between them, especially as Nigel was focussing on a show case for bands at the then Xenons and Andy doing the same at TJ's. Twas a momentary outburst. I do know that since Nigel has spoken to Andy and Andy accepted there was no further need to dwell on it. We presume you are Beddis, and you have a hang up about a misunderstanding when Nigel sent a card to H. From what I know of this, he genuinely wanted to help a very sick girl and had no alteria motive. Beddis has also spoken to Nigel since and agreed that she had suicidal tendencies.

Would you be so civil to accept that Nigel posted the comments to appreciate TJ's, not to bring up old differences. As regards his nick name, it was dubbed by his bass player upon his first gig in Birkenhead back in 1984, and since Nigel has found out he was adopted and took back his original birth certificate name and placed 'Shelley' as his middle. It has never been used to disguise anything.

It's a shame you feel so aggrieved and want to take up arms, but we all have had momentary outbursts. It's a human phenonomen. Nigel himself has been beaten up by a burglar and on that occasion he took the issue to the Police. If you do want to pursue your hang up, then please use the appropriate legal methods and do not high jack local venue web sites to air your negative views.

Cheers

Dave.

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Nope, well wide of the mark matey, well wide.

December 30 2008, 6:24 PM 

Nigel didn't have 'a momentery outburst', he twa tted someone full in the face without warning and then proceeded to tell him he'd finish him off given another chance (all because his real name was used in print). I've had personal run-ins with Nigel and his first port-of-call was always an offer of violence. Believe what you like I'm not the slightest bit bothered. All I'm doing is reminding the bloke he ain't liked and for very good reason as he's a fuc kwit and a bully.

OK?

Respond to this message   

(Login SSHELLEYS)

Was Gerard Provoked...?

December 30 2008, 7:41 PM 

OK, i'll just get on with my happy life and rest assure yourselves, I hold no grudge with anybody.

Seeing as then I was no more than 10 stone, and got the **** beat of me by Bullies in Lliswerry, I really think it's not really worth dwelling on.

Freudian Slip was a means to let out that pent up anger. Yes, I did hit Barding but it was nothing to do with my name, it was all to do with a defamotary exercise he executed because we sussed for getting in free, flashing his Journalist badge from the Western Mail and not doing anything to promote the nights in Xenons.

Again..., this is quite something somebody turning me into a notorious villain, but it won't suppass my far less tolerant and volatile girlfriend.

She has quite a reputation for slapping and smashing journalists cameras. Tara

Respond to this message   

(Login SSHELLEYS)

COWARD i

December 30 2008, 8:45 PM 

Actually whoever you are.. you just reminded me about a rough recording I made a few weeks back with 'Kei' my buddy guitarist from Japan. It's called 'COWARD i' . I doubt you would but hey now we've bored browsers with this petit difference, I can suggest them to ear with my efforts.. go to reverbnation.com/poppicoch Have a can tomorrow on us... Love and spirit, Stephen and J....

Respond to this message   
Nigel Shelley Hislop Hater (one of many)
(no login)

He tried to kill himself you know

January 1 2009, 12:18 PM 

Couldn't even get that right. Pity really...

Respond to this message   
Petticoat5
(Login Petticoat5)

Cheer up!

January 1 2009, 1:39 PM 

Here's a little ditty a few of us penned back in the day to help us cope;

Shelley Shelley Shelley
You twatted Andy Barding
I would draw the curtains
If you was busking in my garden.

Good eh?

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Quality darts there, a tidy little ditty ta be sure.

January 1 2009, 4:19 PM 

Nigel could well do with taking note of your superior song structure and applying it to that twosh he spews out. I mean come on, you can't call that music now can you?

Respond to this message   
Petticoat5
(no login)

Hahahaha!

January 1 2009, 9:13 PM 

Too fekkin right mate! And it only took three people to come up with that particular masterpiece.

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(Login AndyBarding)

I remember very clearly

January 1 2009, 9:38 PM 

being punched in the face by Nigel Hislop outside Rockaway Records. I am not, in any way, a violent person - so I did not have it in my psyche to strike back. Worst luck. I think Simon Phillips and Bedddis would have quite happily done that job for me, though.

Interesting that Hislop is now alluding to a violent girlfriend, one who (he claims) has history of violence against journalists and photographers. Poor Nigel. He hasn't had much luck with the ladies, has he? Didn't Her Majesty's twelve men good and true have something to say about that some years ago? And didn't he stalk one of the poor TJs regulars into something approaching a massive breakdown?

His comments on here confirm that nothing has changed. He is still a violent character, probably in need of correction. I would have to agree with the previous poster - the Nigel Shelley Hislop story could well have had a neater ending had the hapless clown tried vertical strokes of his blade rather than horizontal ones. That's a tip, Hislop.

Oh, and for the record, my promotion or otherwise of band nights at Zenons had nothing to do with any of this. I reviewed several of them and still have a cracking photo of Tearooms from said same series of gigs. No. Hislop hit me because he didn't like the review I wrote of his truly dreadful band.

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Only 3 of you? Hang on a mo.........

January 2 2009, 12:17 AM 

Hey Petticoat5, was that an entire Dolls practice session?

Respond to this message   
Hislop Hater
(no login)

Shouldn't that be

January 2 2009, 10:29 AM 

"being punched in the face by Nigel Hislop outside Rockaway Records. I am not, in any way, a violent person - so I did not have it in my psyche to strike back. Worst luck. I think Simon Phillips and Bedddis would have quite happily done that job for me, though."

...but he ran away immediately? Then he went to the press complaints commission and tried to get A Barding sacked, but the press complaints commisssion said there was no case to answer, thus proving FREUDIAN SLIP WERE ****!

God what a ponce that man was/is!

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Ah, but he didn't run away immediately though did he.

January 2 2009, 12:16 PM 

He twatted Andy, did his best to ignore myself and Simon pushing him away (Beddis wasn't there) and then started twittering on about how he was going to 'finish him off'. When he finally understood that he wouldn't be allowed to touch Andy again he started shouting about how no one uses Nigel as his name, no one. He then wanted to know what Andy thought he was doing using Nigel in the review. Do you see, he wasn't unconcerned that his real name was used.

His final flourish, and this was a good 'un, was, when it all had eventually calmed down and he was left looking at a market full of people who genuinely thought he was a maniac, he calmly produced a wad of A4's from his bag and quietly asked Simon if he wouldn't mind putting up a few posters for him. The man's eyes are fuc ked I tells ye, totally fuc king fuc ked. He's a real life nutter, not a nice nutter, just fuc king prick with two fists.

I could go on and tell you what happened when he tried to push past me on the door at a gig in TJ's once but I'll leave that for another post in this here thread that'll hopefully run and run.

Hislop, behold, your public are speaking.

Ta for starting this, it's the best thread ever.

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(Login AndyBarding)

Ah yes, man in the know.

January 2 2009, 1:19 PM 

That now rings many bells. I recall very well the Press Complaints Commission hoohah, too. Of course, the psycho didn't get anywhere - but it did get me in hot water with the editor of the newspaper that I was working for at the time.

That basically sank Frug!, alas. Irregardless of whatever my humble fanzine had to offer culturally (aw come on, it was great!) the people who paid my wages didn't want me writing for other people. I blamed it on an imaginary brother for an issue or two, but finally had to give it up. Way to go, Hislop.

I suppose I was lucky my dim-witted editor didn't realise I was also moonlighting for the Daily Mirror, Sun, NME and Melody Maker at the same time an' all...

Respond to this message   
Petticoat5
(no login)

Ha!

January 2 2009, 1:23 PM 

Ha, no, I don't recall any of them being there.
The other two collaborators of 'Shelley Shelley' know who they are, and when the next X-Factor winner is number one with it we will buy a big house on a hill and live in it like the Monkees.

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

So there you go Hislop

January 2 2009, 1:39 PM 

On the one hand pretending to champion music in all it's myriad forms and on the other being behind the demise of this towns greatest ever fanzine.

What a cnut

And I've just recalled the occassion where Trilby had to march you out of TJ's one night an' all. Shall we dig deeper into the pool of people you've fuc ked off Nigel? Shall we?

Respond to this message   
Petticoat5
(no login)

Choreography

January 2 2009, 1:31 PM 

Now, I'm not one to cause trouble or split hairs but this in Hislop's post confused me;

"Fantastic choreography of bands who've played..."

Who in god's name chorographed bands in TJs? Choreographed?! Why didn't we know about this? I've got to say, Mark E Smith didn't look very choroegraphed. Unless it was badly. Huggy Bear, maybe.

Respond to this message   
Man in he know
(no login)

Ah yes, Huggy Bear

January 2 2009, 1:45 PM 

I wasn't there for that one but have often pretended I was.

I was weeing with laughter just listening to the audio Dredds put out.

Respond to this message   
Petticoat5
(no login)

Re: Ah yes, Huggy Bear

January 2 2009, 2:22 PM 

Anybody wanna buy a full set of Frug magazines (mint) and a Huggy Bear @ TJs ticket (slightly soiled)?

Respond to this message   
S****HORPE
(no login)

YES PLEASE!

January 2 2009, 5:13 PM 

TO THIS:

"And I've just recalled the occassion where Trilby had to march you out of TJ's one night an' all. Shall we dig deeper into the pool of people you've fuc ked off Nigel? Shall we?"

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Purely to annoy the twunt you understand.

January 2 2009, 6:11 PM 

Hislop bemoans Andy getting into gigs for free but our Nige was a serial cock when it came to not paying at the door. He tried it on with a gig I was doing, you know, run in whilst the doorbloke is looking the other way and then asking 'What the **** you gonna do about it now?' when he was eventually caught up with inside the club.

Anyway, I reckon we're talking about a similar incident. Hislop was squaring up to a bloke who'd been collecting money on the door at a gig night in TJ's. The bloke was quite calm and, it looked like, trying to convince Hislop to part with the readies. Hislop, being a bully and a good few inches taller than the bloke was pushing his face nearer and nearer the doorbloke's. Hislop was doing most of the talking and it didn't look friendly.

Anyway, Trilby happened to be passing, separated the two, spoke to the doorbloke, a member of a local band and immediately turned and grabbed Hislop by the throat, dragged him around and marched him out of the door. I did hear Hislop shout back something like,'Oh yeah, get the cavalry to help you out eh' to the doorbloke as if he wasn't ashamed enough of his antics.

See Hislop, we've all seen you in action and it's a pityful and pathetic sight. You don't seem to be commenting on any of these posts though mate. What's the matter, not upset you have we?

Respond to this message   
S****HORPE
(no login)

Where is Nigel?

January 3 2009, 9:51 AM 

Where is the People's Poet? Who will lead the kids on the street?

I hear Graham Noone tolchoked him in the litso and all...

Respond to this message   
Anonymouser
(no login)

Incidentally if anyone is looking for Nigel

January 3 2009, 10:22 AM 

Maybe because they bear a grudge and want to track him down, insult him, inform the CIA, advice him of the best way to top himself, or just plain call him NIGEL a lot, look no further:

http://www.reverbnation.com/poppycoch#tab=photos

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Amnesia

January 3 2009, 11:36 AM 

TJ's sell alcohol. Too much alcohol can give you amnesia. I can't remember much of that stuff but hey, you seem to be having nothing better else to do but go on about it.

I will commend Andy on making his comments and not hiding his i.d. The press complaints commission was pressed by FS's then Bass player, i really didn't care and have never thought my material to of any good, accept to those who appreciated it as an expression and not a conquest. I was annoyed on the defamatoray exercise which effected a bass player and drummer who were of 'great calibre' which they have prooved time and time again playing with other local bands and on one occasion the drummer found himself filling in for Frank Zappas absent drummer at TJ's sometime in the 90s

However, the last time I went to TJ's, maybe August 2006, I remember in the John Peel bar rescueing Tom Hingleys guitar from smitherasion by a bandanered Guns and Roses Tributee. Climbing up on the back seats I had to pluck his guitar from out of the air. Tom had been hit several times and black eyed. The microphone stand I had loaned Tom was snapped in two. Thanks to those who ejected that 'thug'. All I know is that Tom said he would never return to Newport. Not long after that I moved North and Newport must now be a happy and safe place.

Whoever put the link in, they made a slight error. it is reverbnation.com/poppicoch

As I said 'Happy New Year'.

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(Login AndyBarding)

A couple of points.

January 3 2009, 12:15 PM 

1) Nigel Hislop - you will address me as 'Mr Barding'. Only my friends are permitted to call me anything else.

2) Interesting that your recollections seem to orbit a nucleus of violence. Interesting, too, that the photographs visible on your link allude to violence towards women etc.

I've always been interested in how the psychotic mind works. So could you please relate for us all on here the full details of your prison term and your botched suicide attempt at the old cinema near the cenotaph? I'm sure we'd all find it most interesting.

Respond to this message   
Anonymouser
(no login)

The EGO has landed!

January 3 2009, 12:30 PM 

Nigel you deluded little turd, can you please tell us when Frank Zappa played TJs?

PS Oh did I say CIA, I mean CSA, of course!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Carlton

January 3 2009, 1:03 PM 

Mr Bxxxxxx

love you to babe. Jay's really amused at your insinuations.

All I know that M the Drummer also played with Carlton B Morgan and CBM was supporting Zappa at TJs.

It's none of your business, but I have worked volunatarily for five years with the All Wales Survivors Arts group. With millenium funding the group organised seven gigs around the Principality which empowered individuals to perform their original and challenging material. You are probably unaware that 1 in 4 people in the UK will have periods of mental health problems. You are not qualified make the accusations such as psychotic and insinuate individuals stalk. AWSA also contributed to the abolishment of ECT treatment in Wales.

Now tell us something positive that's happening in life.. there are things to look forward to and I don't think you'll be refused entry to Jon's 65 birthday bash.

Tara

Respond to this message   
Anonymouser
(no login)

Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

January 3 2009, 1:27 PM 

Complete Zappa giglist here....

http://members.shaw.ca/fz-pomd/giglist/

Please point to the TJs gig.

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(Login AndyBarding)

A couple of points

January 3 2009, 1:29 PM 

for the immensely dense Nigel Hislop.

1) Frank Zappa has never played TJs.
2) I am not insinuating anything. I am stating most categorically that you are a violent psychopath.
3) I don't care what you allege to have done with taxpayers' money.
4) The only things we want to know from you are details of your prison stretch (it was for beating up a woman, wasn't it?) and details of your botched suicide attempt. Man, that must have hurt eh? Cool.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

What Planet are you on?

January 3 2009, 1:46 PM 

Greetings Mr B.

It's amazing that you can insinuate with no fact. You are a journalist and should know what you are asking about. There is no truth in what you allege.

Since 91 or was it 92, I worked three years in Newport supporting people with learning difficulties. Spent two years travelling around Europe, which Behind the Sofa can verify. Returned to Aberystwyth working in Admin and took an access course in Performing arts. Went onto Lampeter Uni for three years and got a very good degree in Anthropology Returned to Newport and Cardiff for 4 years working in IT Admin for various institutions. Amongst this I organised open mic nights in Langtons, we raised a substantial amount of money for the victims of the tsunami -check south wales argus for detail. As previously stated I took a job in Chester and now happily living with my fiance near Wrexham. There's more to life than your drivel, such as paying the mortgage.

I suggest you now back off as Jay has a great number of contacts with the newspapers that you aspire to have fleeced. Have a chat with Mark Baker. If you have any more accusations to make I suggest you get some legal advice.

Take it easy man.

SHELLEY.

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(Login AndyBarding)

Once again, you are avoiding the issue.

January 3 2009, 2:14 PM 

We are not interested in your alleged career. We are interested in your time behind bars and your suicide attempt.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Surplus Alcohol

January 3 2009, 2:20 PM 

Dear Sir B

Obviously you organised a party at your gaff, got alot of alcohol in and nobody turned up. Therefore you must be still drinking and not thinking. The only thing I know about Bars was the wonderful eclectic folk rock band called, 'Beyond the Bars'. It's a reference to York, maybe you should take a long holiday there.

La la la.

Shelley

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Fark me Andy, you's really in da sheeeeet now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 3 2009, 2:16 PM 

Nigel has threatened you again !!!

Betta watch your back maaaaan or da punky poet that is Hislop will set forth the hounds of libel and litigation or summit.

Anyway Nigel, now that you've admitted you were also an alchoholic when you were practicing violent mentalist outburts, did you mention this to the judge?

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(Login AndyBarding)

I doubt

January 3 2009, 2:20 PM 

that alcoholism would have carried much weight in front of twelve good men and true, man in the know.

It's funny he mentions Mark Baker. Haven't seen him for a long time. Wonder what he's up to now?

Anyone know when and where Nigel was hauled up? I can try to find the court reports and post them on here. I'm sure his 'fiancee' will be interested to see what she's let herself in for!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

This is fun.

January 3 2009, 2:32 PM 

By beloved Man in the Know and Dearest Mr B Snoddy. Where's the f is Mr Piggott.

What should I do to woo to woo to woo you.

Yes, I am having four days off work and yes I am having a drink with my fiance, who I have never withheld the moments when I did loose it. Mr B.. your nose is obviously still bleeding.

Um... can I just ask, are you happy

Tara

SHELLEY

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

So she knows you're a raving farking lunatic then does she?

January 3 2009, 2:36 PM 

I friggin doubt it there Nigel, I reckon ewer avin us on like.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Professionalism

January 3 2009, 2:48 PM 

4 a start, and sorry for speaking out of turn, but there is one thing I do, eventhough i type 60wpm is to put the question mark. so here we are for my previous grammatical inadecacies ? ? ? ? ? ?

As for the Zappa question, I am waiting on a call from M to confirm the detail.

Cheers

SHELLEY

Respond to this message   
Anonymouser
(no login)

the correct term is

January 3 2009, 2:37 PM 

"botched" suicide attempt,and speak for yourself Mr Barding I am very interested in when Frank Zappa played TJs as he did not gig after 1988 according to that list.

Perhaps Nigel was told this by that Carlton B.Morgan, he'll lead you up the garden path he will.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Spit On Me

January 3 2009, 3:13 PM 

The above was recorded a year or so before meeting Mr B. reverbnation.com/poppicoch

I probably anticipated in 1990 the sxxxx that Cobain etc were about to be subjected to by journalists.

and as for my ability to bite back.. ask J Secolla who Jay is ???? and we will bring our pussy to the party. ???? See you there for further comment.

Tara

SHELLEY

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(no login)

Details please.

January 3 2009, 3:38 PM 

1) Your prison time for beating up a woman.
2) Your botched suicide attempt.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

My God

January 3 2009, 3:50 PM 

Now I am convinced you are not A B

If you were a reasonable man, doing the best that you can, please please please understand.

Love and spirit

SHELLEY

Respond to this message   

(no login)

enough is enough

January 3 2009, 3:58 PM 

I originally started this forum to celebrate TJ's
Imagine if Liam Gallagah or Naomi Cambel or even John Prescott had frequented there. Oh my, there is even Mr Gerrrard from poxy Liverpool, speaking as a toffee I know the media rule, don't let a journalist get into your panse.

tara

SHELLLEY

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Talk About Violence

January 3 2009, 4:16 PM 

I remember in 1986 Morrisey being pulled off the stage at the Newport Centre. I've got to admit, I was the man who got the nearest to get his groin as his balls burst on me. One week later they played the last gig. Newport has unfortunately a habit of underminining and destroying the opportunity of original artists becoming effective. Thanks to Jon Secolla for providing the opportunity that SKIN DREAD..GOLDIE LOOKING CHAIN.. DARLING BUDS to change our perception of the world.

And Barney Rubble is the only clue I will give you to who Jay is..

Shine on gorgeous

Tara

Shelley

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(Login AndyBarding)

I presume you mean

January 3 2009, 4:26 PM 

Naomi Campbell? Why does she interest you? Does she look like she wouldn't put up too much of a fight? Reckon you could give her a good kicking? What if she were pregnant, eh? Don't suppose for one second that that would stop you, Hislop.

Respond to this message   
Anonymouser
(no login)

And I know a few people

January 3 2009, 4:31 PM 

who would be interested in his admission to have kneed Morrissey on the bollocks.Smiths websites, here I come....

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Kneed, no.. unintentionally head but. yes

January 3 2009, 5:45 PM 

Thanks for wrestling with this lead.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Blimey You Have No Balls

January 3 2009, 4:37 PM 

Mr Bxxxxxx

You have not a single line of enquiry, no response to our reasonable questions about you.

As for Jay... well you are in deep sxxx, you have gone well wide of the mark.

Obviously you've not listened to my efforts on reverbnation.com/poppicoch
it's about reasoning with the **** people you undermine you and it is also a celebration about those people who want to be more positive.

Life is complicated.
We don't know why some people appear to freak out

There might be a reasoning.

It has alot to do living with people as unreasonable as you.

SHINE ON DARLING

Tara
Shelley

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Take us off line

January 3 2009, 6:45 PM 

Would the web master of Tj's be so kind to take this thread off line.

It really has become a pathetic forum of dishing NEGATIVE VIBES upon an individual who has frequently drank your beer and kept you in business.

Thanks

SHELLEY

Respond to this message   
Anonymouser
(no login)

wassammatter Nigel Hisloopy?

January 3 2009, 7:03 PM 

Can dish it but can't take it huh? Well no change there.

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(Login AndyBarding)

What's that you're saying Nigel Hislop?

January 3 2009, 7:37 PM 

You don't want to discuss your inadequacy as a suicide attemptee or the time you did bird for kicking a woman's head in, so you're going to set your girlfriend on me?

And by not listening to your **** music I'm somehow avoiding an argument? That's pretty priceless.

I think I've made my position pretty clear. But just to spell it out:

1) You are NOT forgiven for twatting me in the face and one day you will regret having done this.

2) The whole of this board would like to hear how you managed to spazz up topping yourself down by the cenotaph.

3) The whole of this board would like to hear about your prison stretch.

4) Nobody likes you or your **** 'music'.

5) Nobody cares who Jay is.

6) You're a psychopathic, violent, woman-beating cun t of the highest order.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

ANDREW

January 3 2009, 7:56 PM 

Every thing you have had to say has been recorded.

We know that forums say is not a legal document and anybody could feign to being who you really are.

But do not avoid the truth that I was first brought up in Ringland, where my brother was beaten to death by the Pearce family. Then onto Lliswerrry, where I found friends in Clive Webb and wrestled to get the respect of Patrick and Ronnie Collins... If you think I am a coward.. ask them how I stuck up for myself..

SHINE ON

Love and spirit

Shelley.

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Awwwwww Nige, tings aint looking to bright for you eh.

January 3 2009, 8:08 PM 

You thought we'd have all forgotten didn't you. What a complete cock you are. You've been such a monumental prick around here that no one will ever forget, not ever.

Cry me dat rivvva buddy.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Obviously u aint seen

January 3 2009, 8:30 PM 

Check out

in the past two years

i made £20,000

from appearances in certain breakfast television programmes and celebrity magazines.

Go and wank yourselves off

Love and spirit

SHELLEY

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

You're quite mad you know

January 3 2009, 8:35 PM 

Were you flying that bomber found on the moon?

Respond to this message   

(no login)

John Secolla

January 3 2009, 8:59 PM 

Sorry if I spelt John's surname wrong... but you really have fired me up to put an offer to buy into TJ's You see Jay is about to receive a massive fee from a certain council for undermining her effort to provide a stable family.

Mr B

You will soon be receiving a visit from Jay.

TARA.

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(Login AndyBarding)

TV appearances.

January 3 2009, 9:18 PM 

I tend not to watch Jeremy Kyle in the mornings. I presume you were on the domestic violence episode?

So where were we? Oh, that's right. Your 'girlfriend' is going to visit me. How very scary. i suppose I'll recognise her by her black eyes, broken ribs and miscarried kids, right?

You still haven't told us about prison Hislop.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Take some calming pills

January 3 2009, 9:24 PM 

Actually Andy

Everything is here is very calm.

As for where we are, it is far beyond your imagination.

We suggest you go back to your customer service centre post and try to resolve your situation.

Tara

Stephen and Jay .....

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Actually Nigel

January 3 2009, 10:27 PM 

Nah, on second thoughts forget it.

Best of luck in the nightclub scene.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

-

January 3 2009, 10:33 PM 

"I was first brought up in Ringland, where my brother was beaten to death by the Pearce family. Then onto Lliswerrry, where I found friends in Clive Webb and wrestled to get the respect of Patrick and Ronnie Collins"

-Reggie and Ronnie, the whole Firm, I took the punches and worse, but I knew one day they'd see me as an equal and i could star in my very own Guy Ritchie film....

I LOL'd!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

GOOD ON YOU

January 3 2009, 11:04 PM 

Who ever

Thanks

U make alot of sense.. see you at the wedding

tara

Respond to this message   
Anonymouser
(no login)

the hell with the botched suicides and the prison

January 3 2009, 11:33 PM 

I want to hear about him wrestling Ronnie Collins. Mmmmm, chance would be a fine thing!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Would be a vine thing

January 4 2009, 12:14 AM 

Broadmead Park sprung up behind our garden...And Rosie Collins that would be....

Respond to this message   
Petticoat5
(no login)

All together now!

January 4 2009, 12:24 AM 

Shelley Shelley Shelley
You twatted Andy Barding
I would draw the curtains
If you was busking in my garden...

Aaaand repeat! Lalala la la la laaaaa dee daa dee doo doo!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

4 get TJs let's sort out SPITTY PARK

January 4 2009, 12:31 AM 

GREAT LYRICS

Man in the NO. u can have a space at the wedding table..

Tara

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Oh wat a travesty

January 4 2009, 12:42 AM 

Sorry Petticoat

You wrote the Shelley, Shelley, Shelley lyric.

It tickled us and I have an inclination you are a bar maid that works with J S.

The man in the no has been rather antagonisitic, and you have been far more intelligent.

Shine on

Shelley and Jay

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Yep

January 4 2009, 12:48 AM 

I have been antagonistic but then I don't like you.

Sorry and all that but I was overcome with the desire to inform anybody, yes anybody, who may have contact with you to think very wisely about what they are doing.

You are trouble sunshine, lots of trouble.

Tarra.

Respond to this message   
Petticoat5
(no login)

Second verse for you then...

January 4 2009, 2:44 AM 

Shelley Shelley Shelley
You're a wanker and a nob
We hate you you're a bastard
You smacked Andy in the gob

Lalalala la da dee da dee da, dumbee dumbee do doo

Aaaall together now!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

7.28 am

January 4 2009, 7:31 AM 

I've woken up, with the last hang over of Christmas.

Would the web master of TJ's be so kind to relieve the world of the drivel splurred upon this forum thread.

AGAIN to you all. Praise Jon, Trilby and Albert for seeing I was drunk and civilly ejecting me from their club. They later, never held it against me.

ROCK ON TJ's

SHELLEY

Respond to this message   
Postmodern Princess
(no login)

QUIT acting the victim Nigel

January 4 2009, 8:12 AM 

You came on here trying to peddle your sh itty music, thinking and hoping no one would remember you and you could return to TJs but we do because you are the biggest w*nker ever to darken the doors of TJs, and being drunk is never an excuse - it is only ever used by people who should not be drinking anyway.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Postmodern Princess

January 4 2009, 12:34 PM 

Let's all follow Princess's suggestion and quit playing the victim.

Andy and I obviously have some greiviences.

I am generally a nice and good natured person, but yes I have lost it and will
take this opportunity to apologise to anybody I have in the past offended or
assaulted. Let me also assure you that I have never been to jail.

Now let's look forward to 2009. At least you still have TJ's to see great bands
and enjoy yourselves. Shine on

Shelley

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

And stalked. Apologise for stalking people too.

January 4 2009, 2:17 PM 

And lying. Apologise for lying too as you're on a roll. And being a cnut, apologise for th an' all.

Feel free to include anything else not that it'll matter as I for one cannot be bothered to accept your apology, it's just nice to see you squirm for once.

Respond to this message   
Postmodern Princess
(no login)

Note

January 4 2009, 5:13 PM 

The way Hislop includes us all in this when he is the only one who has acted like a complete S H I T

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(no login)

Yes.

January 4 2009, 11:04 PM 

Let's not forget that Hislop is a cun t of the highest order. It's a massive, massive shame that he wasn't the one pounded into an early grave in some ass-end of Newport.

Can someone please do me a favour and kick fuc k out of him next time you see him? Much appreciated.

Respond to this message   
cutewella
(no login)

ahem

January 6 2009, 4:38 PM 

"Sorry if I spelt John's surname wrong... but you really have fired me up to put an offer to buy into TJ's"

Stay the **** away!

Respond to this message   
Lost
(no login)

Re: ahem

January 6 2009, 11:46 PM 

Prick thread is popular. Who is this Nigel?

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

The future owner of TJ's

January 7 2009, 12:19 AM 

Apparently.

Respond to this message   
Postmodern Princess
(no login)

to "Lost"

January 7 2009, 5:59 PM 

Nigel Hislop - the worst t w a t ever! you know all those deluded people who get the p i s s taken out of them because they are in s h i t bands and think they are really talented?

imagine a really extreme example of that

really bad music, really conceited

oh K?

now colour it psychotic and prone to random acts of violence whenever anyone criticised him and his s h itty music

Respond to this message   

(no login)

And

January 7 2009, 8:48 PM 

And... i can't afford a stamp so why would i stick anything on TJ's.

No sleep lost here. Take care.

tara

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Christ on a farkin bike Nigel !!!

January 7 2009, 9:23 PM 

Why won't you just go away and die?

Pwetty pwease with a cherry on the frigging top.

Respond to this message   
Postmodern Princess
(no login)

AND AS IF THAT WERENT BAD ENOUGH

January 8 2009, 11:02 AM 

he wore a waistcoat and a pony tail

where's scenef ucker when you need him?

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Scenefuc ker retired like.

January 8 2009, 5:57 PM 

I speak to him on occassion and he admits to being 'chinese water-tortured' into submission by his unfunny stalkers and their fixation with Damo.

Still, he's learning the guitar and is thinking of bringing back the band he was in that he admits were triple-**** but still better than Freudian Slap x10 and at least he had a few records out etc etc etc.

God that must really piss Nigel off.

Wonderful.

Respond to this message   
?
(no login)

What happened to scene ****er

January 10 2009, 10:55 PM 

where'd he go eh?

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Wall Paper

January 12 2009, 9:03 PM 

Mr B

I hear you've been harrassing people for stories.

Tell us.. What's your Wallpaper like?

Barbecue.

Respond to this message   
Billy Squibb
(no login)

Is that you again Nigel?

January 13 2009, 7:30 PM 

Threatening people, just as you claim you don't?

Respond to this message   

(no login)

You might think that.

January 13 2009, 9:27 PM 

One thing Newport lacks is a sense of humour and especially irony... and as for imagination, forget it.. but what is life if full of care?

There was no intention from B & Q, but hey, Nigel's been threatened at least five times in this forum and I don't recollect him wanting to harm any fly in any ointment.

GET UNSTUCK

Respond to this message   
Anonymouser
(no login)

if you think

January 13 2009, 11:16 PM 

Nigel never meant anyone any harm then he has pulled the wool over you!

Respond to this message   
Anony****ingmouse
(no login)

Newport, lacking humour!!!!!!

January 14 2009, 12:21 AM 

Dear Lord do me a favour and smite that twunt.

If we didn't have that then we'd have all gone an done what Nigel was too rubbish to do cos he ain't got a funny bone in his body.

Newport is full of it, it's the only thing keeping us from giving in you thick fark.

Anyway, has everyone seen the Mekons are playing The Point in the very near future?

You remember The Mekons Nigel?

Respond to this message   
Anonymouser
(no login)

are you sure The Mekons are playing the Point?

January 14 2009, 1:33 PM 

They were down to play last year and cancelled due to their appeal becoming more selective. However, Dweezil Zappa is playing TJs.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Sado over 40s

January 14 2009, 8:14 PM 

Now our kids have left home, that's if you have any, us sadoe over 40s bitching with Bargain Booze six packs fuelling our disillusioned imagination.

Yeah, vaguely remember The Mekons but nothing surpassed Fugazi's storm in TJ's
Bloody Valentine only lasted five numbers and Babes in Toyland... I bet your still dribbling.

Respond to this message   
Anonyfarkingmoose
(no login)

Of course I'm not dribbling Nigel

January 14 2009, 10:59 PM 

I'm not a raving frigging nutter.

Anyway, why would our kids be leaving home just yet? Nobody had any back in the day cos we were all too busy being farking popstars (you excepted of course).

And I note you mention booze again. How's the alcoholism coming along? Nicely I expect.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Wat a waste of time

January 16 2009, 12:18 AM 

Tapping a load of drivel into a keyboard, having a snatch at what you can't get back at.

Respond to this message   
Anonyfarkingmoose
(no login)

Eh?

January 16 2009, 1:39 AM 

Oh yeah, gotcha, I'm still chasing that elusive high of musical acceptance there Nigel. You got me, straight up.

Anyway, will we be seeing you at John's b-day bash then or are there exclusion orders still in force around this neck of the woods?

Respond to this message   
Anonyfarkingmoose
(no login)

Attention Anonymouse !!!!!.

January 16 2009, 1:45 AM 

Are they not playing then? Fark me, what are the chances of that? Picking up a copy of some ****ty free rag that's lasted a whole year on someones coffee-table without being chucked out.

I shall have to think very carefully about who I hang around with I can see.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Luvguerilla)

Nearly wet me panties....

January 17 2009, 10:43 PM 

Can't believe I have missed all this anti Nigel action! Ah well-never too late to stick me halfpenneth in...
All I can say is that I would have liked to have decked the twunt on several occasions too-and I am a GIRL!
I await the new Barding V Hislop libel case with baited breath-should be fun BUT CAREFUL Bard! He has finally managed to score a chick and she has CONNECTIONS!!!! I would be shaking in me boots boy (LOL!)

Come back Scene****er.......this thread need ya big boy!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Luvguerilla)

Nearly wet me panties....

January 17 2009, 10:43 PM 

Can't believe I have missed all this anti Nigel action! Ah well-never too late to stick me halfpenneth in...
All I can say is that I would have liked to have decked the twunt on several occasions too-and I am a GIRL!
I await the new Barding V Hislop libel case with baited breath-should be fun BUT CAREFUL Bard! He has finally managed to score a chick and she has CONNECTIONS!!!! I would be shaking in me boots boy (LOL!)

Come back Scene****er.......this thread need ya big boy!!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Trumpets... da da da da da da ha ha

January 18 2009, 9:38 AM 

Oh my this is the Centunial message on this thread...isn't there any thing else interesting happening at TJ's. Harry Dibble, Sparky, Franky Lodge, The Water Man, Could someone please put this to bed.

Tara....

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Oh she's getting close.

January 18 2009, 9:48 AM 

Check out Deckland Swans, Murray the Hump & Half Man Half biscuit for more clues of what happened to the the man you most 'Love to Hate'..

Respond to this message   
Dr.JoLLy
(no login)

Re: Oh she's getting close.

January 18 2009, 3:49 PM 

GroW uP , YouR LikE A BunCh Of ****InG WoMeN.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Oh she's getting close.

January 19 2009, 8:39 PM 

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Tribute 2 wat

January 21 2009, 8:14 PM 

TJ's is whording a load of tripe tribute bands - ask Tom Hingley about the Guns and Roses Band that assaulted him.

Once upon a time, any trying band could do a Tuesday night, get their mates out and blast something original... the scene now in Newport is dire... So come on.. before somebody steals your children away with a Glitter Tribute band..

Respond to this message   
Steve Shelley out of Sonic Youth
(no login)

Nigel "Shelley" Hislop

January 22 2009, 1:52 PM 

Will be hearing from my solicitors forthwith

Respond to this message   
Thurston Mmmmmmmmmoore
(no login)

This Nigel fella.

January 22 2009, 5:19 PM 

Was he the bloke that asked that band up from Swansea to play one of his gigs then wouldn't even let them into the venue when they turned up cos he'd got a cheaper deal from a more local outfit?

Yes, yes I believe it is.

What a cnut.

Respond to this message   
Sticks & Stones
(no login)

Yeah,

January 22 2009, 7:09 PM 

Keiren was brilliant... and FS played a few gigs with them. ****ty Shelley never ever said he was better and always supported. Paul Clarke of Clwb Ivor Bach on several occasions insisted they finished the night off. Yes, the Xenons gig was the debut of the new drummer and ****ty Shelley took a chance with more temperate peices. But did you know that in 1996 FS reformed with the original drummer and added Sax to play 3 blinding gigs, 2 in Aberystwyth and anothe on the band stand central Cardiff.... life just carried on and people got better........

Respond to this message   
Shelley
(no login)

They were a week late

January 22 2009, 7:51 PM 

Yes the band from Swansea, they turned up a week late..

Respond to this message   
Thats funny
(no login)

Oh my....i'm kacking my panties

January 22 2009, 7:17 PM 

oh no no no
is Mr Pete Shelley going to make me stand in the dock and make me wear a frock...

Respond to this message   
Byron and Keats
(no login)

Leave our dude alone.

January 22 2009, 7:20 PM 

Well my dear children you are all going to drown and be ressurected by a charge of electricity.... did you know that the Folk Rock Band, The Shelleys named themselves not after pershe byshhee but the ridiculous Nigel.

Respond to this message   
The F'ROCK BAND
(no login)

Bloody Olympic Commitee

January 22 2009, 7:27 PM 

Eugh....can somebody provide directions to Newport's Cenetaf..where there are auditions for the Morris Dancers.....

Respond to this message   
aipotamonmo
(no login)

Steve Shelley

January 22 2009, 7:39 PM 

I don't think the original Steve Shelley would give a toss. And by the way... none of you dudes actually have any idea what my present full name or any suggestion of my address to send such petit summons. But hey, you've seen me in alot of magazines, newspapers and TV and not even recognised me.. so becareful that dude in the bar could be watching you any time any place any where.. Cinzano Bianco....

Respond to this message   
Swansea band
(no login)

We were not a week late you cnut

January 22 2009, 8:53 PM 

And you even sent out a lapdog to tell us to go away cos you were scared we'd have something to say about the situation.

And are you now telling us you were, for years, the Milk Tray man and then went on to star in adverts set on exotic islands, selling spirits to the beautiful people amoungst us?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....ooooooooooooo me friggin sides........ ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Respond to this message   
Shelley
(no login)

I REALLY DIDN'T REALISE YOUR POTENTIAL

January 22 2009, 9:20 PM 

Oh, yes.. again and again it has been reminded that I actually turned the Stereophonics away.. well that's not so bad, because in JULY 1989 The Manics doublebooked with Freudian Slip in Brahms didn't qualm, at least one of them got to shag Sassie of Carlton B Morgan in the bog. .....

Respond to this message   
rushed message
(no login)

more able

January 22 2009, 9:27 PM 

It was the Manics that didn't qualm... beleive me, playing a week after them at CLWB IFOR and being announced as 'one of the great bands from Gwent such as the Manic Street Preachers', I was mythed to who the **** the MSP were... after that History stood still... Shame you naive creatures didn't give The March Hares, Sticks and Stones, The Call Up, Statementality and Flyscreen etc etc etc the appraise and attendance they deserved...

Respond to this message   
Shelley
(no login)

Calling all x lovers.

January 22 2009, 9:41 PM 

Welll here's your chance anybody who has a qualm about NIGEL..

There probably at least 20 x girl friends.. who want to have a rant.. so don't hesitate.. if I snored in bed.. tell the world about it.. if I came too soon or too late... or was even too intoxicated to come at all... have your rant..

As for you guys who seem to be displaying some inadequacy about being hard..well I don't think I'm gonner turn you on.. go back to your porn channels and palm..

Respond to this message   
Sassy's gonna get ya, Sassy's gonna get ya
(no login)

You silly man

January 22 2009, 9:48 PM 

Everyone knows that the tits in the Clwb Ifor didn't have much of a clue about anything back then cos they insisted on using Jonny Mac for the PA thus rendering anything they said or thought total and utter boylecks.

I'd have given my teeth to have witnessed someone call your sorry lot 'great' just cos it's one of those 1,000,000/1 shots that people say will never come in but every so often do. Kinda like meeting bigfoot at the checkout in Tesco, it's not likely to happen but you do hear stories.

Respond to this message   
X girwthwenth
(no login)

Bathdarth

January 22 2009, 9:53 PM 

Ith kida harth ta sayth motth wuthouth myth teeth.

Respond to this message   
Shelley
(no login)

CLWB IFOR

January 22 2009, 10:09 PM 

The fact is in the VIDEO... PC's comment about Great Gwent bands was recorded. Though i lothe doing it.. I will soon post the video of his announcement and me shouting back at Timmy the Bass.. Who the f are the Manic Street Preachers.... soon to be posted on u tube.. I'll mark it as 'Who the F are the Manic Street Preachers..

Respond to this message   
Brahms and Litz
(no login)

FS

January 22 2009, 10:30 PM 

Did you know FS were the last band to ever play in Brahms...

Upon that eventful evening Jimmy Logan the Queen of Newport was decreed the destroyer.

Sassie was even allowed to take a toilet seat home.

All those stud panels featuring Asterix characters were obliteraterateled to the pulse Runcorn 1am and Blood of a 16th Birthday... so I Get A Buzz karma was interupted by Brian's cab broadcasting through the Brother speakers.. Warren u wanker.. that night a venue died but many friendships were forged... so hey.. go out tomorrow and try and make yourself a freind... tara.

Respond to this message   
The people of Newport
(no login)

Freakin die Nigel will ya.

January 23 2009, 10:32 AM 

"Again and again" you keep telling yourself that you once had the chance to book the Stereophonics, no one else mentions it sorry. We all saw then at the Filling Station way back then and they were ****. Bad enough to conquer the world infact. And nobody gives a **** about Brahms anymore cos it's gone, for good, unlike you.

We all look forward to you showing your sorry face at TJ's for Johns b-day bash so's we can all point and laugh. Please do not disappoint.

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(no login)

Is this twat

January 25 2009, 11:58 AM 

still here? Hislop, you knob, we're still waiting to hear about the time you kicked **** out of your girlfriend and did time for it.

Respond to this message   
Nigel 'Shelley'
(no login)

Chill Out

January 25 2009, 1:51 PM 

That's quite a serious allegation. Would you be good to find who ever it was that you believe to have been assaulted and tell them to make a complaint via legal means.

At this time, I do not believe you to be Andy Barding but somebody using his name so in order to stir trouble. Maybe you've got a grudge with Andy and want me to deal your low means.

As regards Johns 65th birthday... I hope you have a good evening. Shame there may be sad antagonists like yourself attending.

Respond to this message   
Stephen Shelley
(no login)

John's 65th

January 25 2009, 6:01 PM 

The greatest host of Rock and Roll in The Principality. I heard many a story of bands on tour provided with his quizine and unsurpassable hospitality. Also I know there are many people love him for his totally unbiast and encouraging character..He also has been fighting to keep the heart and soul of Newports high street alive, preserving the character which radiates from small businesses, the Maindee Festival, Transporter bridge celebrations, street cleaners and buskers. It's a shame he couldn't have been a Newport County Director, then Spytty park would have alot more to cheer for.

Respond to this message   
Awkward Git
(no login)

TJ's Message board.

January 25 2009, 8:28 PM 

Obviously there are some awkward gits who want to hark on about the Twat Nigel... U are the ones who need to see a social worker.. I first suggest you go to the Children and Families section to confess your inadequacies....

Respond to this message   
surpra online psyco analyst
(no login)

diagnosis

January 25 2009, 9:08 PM 

there appears to symptons of peticular inadequate individuals who want to undermine some particular individual.. they are usually inadequate creatures who are unable to procreate...they have problems about particular individuals who upstaged them.. wat the nasty bastards should be aware of.... the underdog is alot more capable of making consistent friends..

Respond to this message   
Anonymouse
(no login)

Nigel you dipstick

January 25 2009, 10:19 PM 

We can tell when you post as three different people by the ISP no.

Respond to this message   
Nigel 'Shelley'
(no login)

Learn something everyday

January 26 2009, 6:47 PM 

Cheers Anonymouser.. but i thought it was obvious i was changing the name to suit my mood.... wat we could do with is getting on with our lives and if there is a web master that can wipe this thread..so be it..

Respond to this message   
Sassy
(Login Luvguerilla)

Never shagged a manic

January 27 2009, 11:03 PM 

Further confirmation of Mr Hislops outrageous mind....I shagged a MSP in the bog of B&L?? Do me a favour mate...if I was ever gonna do that I would have dragged 'em round to me Mams BFs pad -AKA The Kings Hotel and done the zig a zig ahhh in 5 star luxury with room service to follow. I must state that shagging in bogs has never been my style-not even for that bloke from Butthole Surfers. This is a false statement Mr Hislop-yet another one in the litany of your ramblings.Scene****er-I demand you come out of retirement and defend me honour mate-theres a can of Stella in it for ya.

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Ah Sassy, how's it diddlin' then mrs?

January 27 2009, 11:23 PM 

Scenefuc ker is double retired times ten with a cherry on the top and he informs me that not even this low-life piece of dog****e Nigel 'I never landed no bird in the hossy' Hislop will tempt him back.

On a brighter note, everyone is trying to get Nigel down to TJ's for John's b-day bash so's we can all laugh at his cardboard cut-out girlfriend with the string bits that make the arms move and the comedy operated mouth whatsit. Should be a scream. You coming?

Respond to this message   
Nigel 'Shelley'
(no login)

At last after some 130 hits

January 28 2009, 12:21 AM 

There is eventually some imagination out there that I cannot surpass...

Respond to this message   
Statistical anorak
(no login)

Well, would you believe it !!!

January 29 2009, 9:53 AM 

Nigel 'don't be mean to me I never meant to act like a cnut for all them years honest injun' Hislop has started the most popular thread ever on this here NEW version of what was never broken in the first place. His genius thread has now recieved MORE REPLYS THAN THE REST OF THE ENTIRE MESSAGEBOARD PUT TOGETHER!!!

Nigel, if I respected you in any way whatsoever I'd salute you, but I don't so **** off.

Respond to this message   
Nigel 'Shelley'
(no login)

It's amusing

January 29 2009, 5:32 PM 

This thread is amusing but really there are more serious issues to address. I wouldn't be surprised if like me, you are all working hard to hold onto your jobs and pay the mortgage. No more can we afford to go and see original rock and roll bands and resign to surfing U Tube for free music which obviously doesn't provide the artist any income to sustain their challenging originality.

Also at this time I'm more concerned for my Fiance who is recovering from an operation which went well, so we have alot to look forward to getting married in late March.

Mr Anorak.. you are a double edged sword...so you must have some creativity and the ability to cause an economic revolution...I call on you to lead us to a promised land..

tara.

Respond to this message   
Stephen Anal Nigel anal Hislop
(no login)

Blimey nobody hates me anymore....

February 9 2009, 6:38 PM 

It's been over a week
And I'm sumfounded nobody has insult to speak
Now I've got to live with today
Cause I lost my job and the mortgage hard to pay

Oh ho ho
Jonnie Secolla la la la
I don't half miss yer la la la

But I have to confess
Aimiee and her daughter Maxine
were the silly people
who took me into TJ's dream
We didn't play in a rock and world of make believe
But made alot of noise to help deserving charities..
so for you you people who don't give a damn...
My cat's so hungry, it's nibbling on my ham.

TARA

Respond to this message   
Everyone
(no login)

You tool.

February 9 2009, 6:51 PM 

You'll have to expire eventually titface.

Respond to this message   
Christian X
(no login)

yes

February 24 2009, 10:17 AM 

titface

Respond to this message   
Oi Shelly
(no login)

Yes you you carnt

February 24 2009, 10:44 PM 

I have it on very good authority that John is thinking of jacking it all in in the near future. How's that insurance claim coming along concerning your 'bird' and that anonymous 'attack' that she didn't see coming from an unseen attacker who attacked her full in the face and then apologised and promised it wouldn't happen again as long as his chips were all facing north next time she dished up dinner?

Are you going to invest in this fine towns musical history then, with her money like?

Respond to this message   

(no login)

It's gone quiet

March 7 2009, 9:59 PM 

Maybe you've all lost your jobs and couldn't afford and got your telephone lines disconnected.
All, I know is.. it's a quiet Saturday night and the world seldom Rock and Rolls anymore..

La la alla.

Respond to this message   
VietGwent massif
(no login)

You boring twa t

March 8 2009, 10:43 AM 

Where the **** were you Nigel you cock?

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Had to get to Goodison

March 9 2009, 8:43 PM 

But Hey... Congrats to Jon, he's celebrated and tollerated, made his fortune and the world hasn't been short of Rock and Roll.

Had a more important agenda..get to Goodison on Sunday for the great second half turn around..maybe see you at Wembley.

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

You'll not be tolerated at Wembly sunshine.

March 16 2009, 1:17 AM 

They've got special snatch squads to deal with ultra-violent farkwads like you. I've witnessed them at work and they make Trilby look tame and we all remember how she tore you a new one.

Best thing we can hope for is that you get stabbed to death in the semi's or something nice like that.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

u are giving too many clues away.

March 17 2009, 7:57 PM 

Man in the Know.. I've twigged who you are... former boyfreind of MAXINE.

Dare you say a bad word about me to her immense mother, Amy and good freind of the late and brilliant Trilby.

Move on...cos all i know is that I got one hell of a wedding party this weekend to enjoy with those freinds who appreciate the best and the WORST of me.

Respond to this message   
You Dull Cnut
(no login)

Yes you you dull cnut

March 18 2009, 1:03 PM 

As always you are a million miles away from reality. No idea who Maxine is sorry and I'm freakin sure no one appreciates the worst of you you farkin deluded tit.

Can you choke on the cake. It would make a lovely keepsake of the day.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

I'm Not the one hiding

March 26 2009, 1:26 PM 

Well whoever you are... you still hide behind a pseudo name and don't have the guts to meet me face to face and say what you waffle on about..

Respond to this message   
What would you do If I did?
(no login)

Eh?

March 26 2009, 3:33 PM 

Would you smack me in the chops without any warning Nigel?

Anyway, pity the cake was so moist, I was looking forward to the Fortean Times reporting on your timely demise.

And were any guests thoughtful enough to by the happy couple a punchbag as a present. You know, to ensure a lasting relationship and all that?

You know who I am by the way, I've kinda already told you.

Respond to this message   
Ray Gingham
(no login)

who is this nigel hislop

March 27 2009, 3:13 PM 

who masquerades under the name stephen shelly yet berates others for employing pseudonyms?

Respond to this message   
Very old twa t
(no login)

He's the freakin people's poet Reverse

March 27 2009, 4:37 PM 

And he nearly booked the Stereophonics apparently, and his band played a gig that the Manics were booked to do but his lot were better, and the bloke from Clwb Ifor thinks said band are the best thing since Penclawdd cockles and lava-bread sarnies and he failed in a suicide attempt and put a bird in hospital and loads of stuff, usually involving drink and violence and he just got married to some poor woman who hasn't got a clue what's coming and he wears waistecoats and sports a ponytail and thinks everyone forgives him and he got Frug shut down and has insulted Sassy who'll smack him into next week when she catches up with him. I could go on but it's all too exciting.

How have you never heard of him?

Respond to this message   
Nigel 'Shelley'
(no login)

At Last somebodies got the plot.

March 27 2009, 7:47 PM 

At this present moment I am astounded somebody has been able to write the synopsis of this thread...blimey if I had done what has been insinuated I'd have been in either Oasis or Baby Shambles... Not to worry...

Respond to this message   
Nigel 'Shelley'
(no login)

Ah ha

March 27 2009, 7:52 PM 

How are you Carlton?
No offence meant to Sassie..she was brill.

Respond to this message   
Babyshambles?
(no login)

Oasis?

March 27 2009, 11:16 PM 

Wind that neck in sunshine, ****e though those bands are they're like a giant strawberry and chocolate sunday compared to the rubbish you dished up.

And Carlton posted further up. You're crap at guessing you are.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

It's Just Dawned on me 2

March 29 2009, 5:48 PM 

Now it all makes sense.

Yes, I did hit Andy Barding after 3 times asking him to give a reasonable answer to why he dished my friends, Tim B and Mark D.

As for the accusation of me putting my ex-girlfreind into hospital , thats ludicrous. You might remember, if you haven't got amnesia from too much drinking or smoking the weed (Can somebody tell me where my dealer lives?) I was during the time you suppossedly knew of me with only one girl.. a slight Bjork lookalike xxxxx

Yes, she did twice end up in hospita, not because I had beaten her, but because she is a diabetic, hypers can really be nasty business..and believe me, she trusted me wholeheartedly to inject her insulin twice a day. There was also a suggestion earlier that I was the cause of her being blind in one eye.. no, that occurred many years after we last saw each other in 1992.. it was unfortunately the consequence of diabetese. I've never done anything to end up in her majesties custody and most of my endeavour now is to keep people out of it.

So whoever you stirrers are out there, I know how to look out for people including my eldest son who is also a diabetic.., friends came to our wedding and a few friends we made in Newport..I suggest you pick up the phone, ring your friends and get through the **** we all got to deal with.

Respond to this message   
The people in Newport Market
(no login)

Horse**** sunny..........................

March 29 2009, 10:24 PM 

You thanked Andy for his review then smacked him full in the face.

Fact.

Respond to this message   
Nigel 'Shelley'
(no login)

customer service

March 30 2009, 4:41 PM 

Yep.. customer service isn't one of my finest qualities...instead of wasting your time drivling crap about somebody who you ain't ever gonner see again, and to be frank, doesn't give a txss, why don't you find another career, cos record shops like pubs are closing 10 a week in Britain.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Hoozah !!!

March 30 2009, 5:37 PM 

Finally you admit to being a lying, violent cnut.

You did care, for a bit though eh or you'd not have bothered with all the bullsh*t. Still, all's out in the open now though eh.

Jolly good you cocksucker.

Respond to this message   
Nigel 'Shelley'
(no login)

It don't bother me.

March 30 2009, 8:44 PM 

Well I'm not bothered but my Mrs...you won't see her coming, and she doesn't ask questions?

Respond to this message   
Oooo errrr
(no login)

The Invisible Mute !!!!!

March 30 2009, 9:03 PM 

Does she go commando?

Respond to this message   
Nigel 'Shelley'
(no login)

LOL

March 30 2009, 9:23 PM 

At last, the invisible mute.. we are splitting our sides...could there actually be a cheerful and witty person left in Newport, other than J.S.

Respond to this message   
Voice of Reason
(no login)

Are you sorry for any of the things you've done Nigel?

March 31 2009, 2:32 PM 

Like that godawful music for ****ing starters?

Respond to this message   

(no login)

It all seems like a haze, yes I remember

March 31 2009, 3:02 PM 

Well, unlike you dudes I am far off getting my first Grey Hair.

As for FS, Actually Dean of Rockaway records inspired me when I saw the Cowboy Killers with Cheap Sweaty Fun to have a little more attitude...

Then Graham, a decent man, who I apologise for turning his table over because he called me Nigel.. that was again an act due to a personal dislike for the name 'Nigel' Just like I dispise the middle england git who possesses a name but does not reflect the art of the Mabinogio.
Sorry, back to Graham Noone, Blame him not. He actually was so incapitated to start and complete a number, he invited me to join Warren M (Statementality) and Tim B. They threw him out and an energetic set emerged. After a decent set of 12 expressions recorded in two and mixed in one day, the ammunition was set for Warren. He used the session and left for Holland, toured well with 'Behind The Sofa'. Then we enjoyed life smoking cigars with Mark D, who also drummed for Carlton or should I say COLIN B MORTON (That's why Carlton hates me). There has been alot of sound people go through the Rock and Roll of Newport, think about it... Benji, Donna Mathews, Beddis, even the DARLING BUDS..who would never quote themselves as coming from Newport. Why is it a shameful place to be dragged up in?

If you are not interested in being inspired by those people who go through as much crap as you do then turn it into something then you can consider the fact:

Andy Barding has a back passage, so use it.

Respond to this message   
Stephen Shelley
(no login)

Forgot the Comma

March 31 2009, 3:11 PM 

If you are not interested in being inspired by those people who go through as much crap as you do then turn it into something, then you can consider the fact:

Andy Barding has a back passage, so use it.

Respond to this message   
Why aren't you at work?
(no login)

Or has filming stopped whilst it's star attraction retires to his trailer for a late lunch

March 31 2009, 3:34 PM 

You are such a complete cock sunshine. A total and utter cock. You're a cock, your music was cock, your attitude cock and the way you keep biting on here is cock. You claim not to give a hoot but try and try to justify how totally ****ish you were with lies, more lies and lies ontop of the lies.

Unless you're going to tell us how it went whilst you were inside being anally abused by the other inmates or how it feels to have your wrists bandaged by a nurse who thinks you're a total ****ing dip**** for getting it wrong and filling up the waiting room then just **** off.

That's what we want to hear about and ****-all else so get with the program.

Respond to this message   
CBM
(no login)

O good grief

April 1 2009, 10:33 AM 

1)What is the big deal of my having a literary pseudonym? It is part of an honourable tradition, FYI I have several, one of which A Barding blatantly plagiarised, a fact I have never been happy about. Should I duff him up?
2)I don't "hate" you because Mark drummed with you, otherwise I would have to hate Jon Langford,Gimme Memphis, and then some. Though I have never even seen or heard your band,
I must admit I wonder why A Barding slagged you lot off, whereas he did not do same to several exacrable local bands. To wit:- Suck,The Sleep, and Disco, to name but three. Were you as bad as them? Were you WORSE THAN SUCK? That would take some doing!
But that was up to him. Tis what you let yourself in for when you set foot on the stage, and if you go into a petulant frenzy at the first sign of criticism, what the hell would have happened if ever the snides at the big boys music press had a go at you? Had you hit one of them, your tenure in showbiz would have lasted as long as, well, Huggy Bear.
3) I see you have joined the confederacy of dunces which considers that myself and *** ****** of The ******** (I'm making your work easier here),who posted here for many years as Scenef*cker, Old Tawt, and variations thereof, are one and the same. Surely there was obvious difference between someone ridiculing local bands for sport, and someone ridiculing successful bands professionally? Also,one would think that- as they thought it was me- they would feel honoured. But noooooo......the likes of Gary "The Sitew*nker" Butler-Handbag, Geordie Keith, that odious Gavin creature, and "The Chartist" to name a few, all thought it was me. That foolish misconception was finally scotched when *** ****** of The ******** posted while The Fall were playing in Cardiff, proof positive that it could not possibly be me. But now it's back, hopefully for not very long.
4)Kindly do not use fictions about me as fuel for your arguments!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

CBM no offence intended

April 1 2009, 2:53 PM 

Actually your cartoons in the NME were something I used to look forward to reading. Your elequant and intelligent response to this thread is appreciated and I would like to drop the matter. Problem is that I started out appreciating the old scene. Then somebody, unlike you who can say who he is starts accussing me of all sorts of obsenities. You've known Mark D for a number of years and I've kept in touch, a chat with him should confirm the tripe splurred by the anonymous is utter tosh.

I never said FS were any good, it depended on where you were playing and who was up to listening to somebody having a go. I enjoyed playing in a band, especially as my guitaring was limited and lyrically I lacked. But hey... we did make some friends and not so many enemies as the prior suggests. And yes, I was crap at busking.

Respond to this message   
Scenefuc ker
(no login)

F uck me Nigel, you're scrapping the barrel with this pityful ****e now son.

April 1 2009, 6:52 PM 

Put a fuc'king sock in it and f'uck off will you, forever and take the Invisible Mute with you. No one liked you anyway, no one at all, not even Harry Dibble and he liked everyone which kinda proves a few peoples points dunnit. You were a cnut of the very highest order and without a doubt the most violent bloke I ever had the pleasure of grabbing around the throat. Don't bother trying to make anything right with anyone cos I'm sure no one actually gives a sh'it about you or your circumstances, past or present. The simple fact your brother was kicked to death is a testiment to there being no God whatsoever as we all know who should have been on the recieving end there don't we. Go away Nigel and forget about Newport cos Newport wants to forget about you.

Tarra

And Carlton, how the fu'ck could you include The Sleep in that list? You cnut.

Respond to this message   
Nigel 'Shelley'
(no login)

That's hit a raw nerve.

April 1 2009, 7:05 PM 

I am not going to pretend that the comment 'Your Brother was kicked to death' hasn't upset us.
My second older brother who was only 5 years old, when he was possibly attacked, choked, went into a comma and didn't return. All that was one month before I was born. That was the worst thing about living in Ringland. As for Harry Dibble..don't be so daft.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

last entry

April 1 2009, 8:39 PM 

You will be pleased or driven to a more boring thread, that this will be my last entry and no matter what insult or insinuation is posted after this, I will take no notice. Hopefully the web master will have the courtesy to rid this site of this drivel.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

That Was the Morning of April Fools Day

April 24 2009, 6:50 PM 

You dudes don't know how to enjoy your music, and definately don't know how to encourage.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
To: Stephen
Date: 24 Apr 2009, 12:01
Subject: RE: Isolation Tank

Hi there Stephen
good to hear from you
sorry if i didnt say thanks for you rescuing my guitar
and sorry your mic stand got broken
I haven't made a great thing of saying thanks to you because the whole situation was quite traumatising and upsetting and I don't really want to keep on thinking about it and in retrospect perhaps I didnt behave that well otherwise the violence might never have happened
If I didnt say thanks then sorry mate
I havent replied to any messages from your self over the past few years its because they were links to photos/vidoes and stuff and i asssumed you had sent them out to a lot of people
I hope you can accpet this message as thanks for helping me out all those years ago
tom x
----------------- Original Message -----------------
To: Tom Hingley and The Lovers
Date: Apr 22, 2009 10:16 PM
Subject: Isolation Tank

First time I heard this, was when I organised an open mic night in Langton's Newport. This geezer took my guitar and blew us away and all the time, I was thinking this seems so familiar and yet again so original. At this point I don't know what to say because when I was living in 'an isolation tank' I thought I made a freind of Tom... but even though, I saw him being assaulted and I rescued his guitar from being broken and I didn't mind my mic stand being snapped in half.. he just didn't return any thanks.... it confirms.. when we think we are doing so well, we can forget those who help by supporting and appreciating your talent. Thanks..you needn't call, we are going to see Billy Bragg on the 16th of June in Wrexham and he's qualified to call me a bastard. Love Shelley and Judith.

There are some anal people in Newport and John Secolla always encouraged, despite their wrestling with the world, an alternative venue brought out the VERVE.

Tonight my step father is going to sleep. He chose not to continue the KIMO therapy.
He is brave.. He was aggresive but he did try to teach me how to behave.
Outside my house is a garden within a wall
A circle where the tulips and Daffs stand tall
We have now three cat's
one we adopted and the other two just couldn't help but to settle in
My now wife is returning on a long bus ride home
From a job cleaning a school
But believe me...she's no fool.

If ever one of you dudes take the wind out of our sails
your voice will haunt you.

Love and spirit

Stephen and Judith

Respond to this message   
Everyone
(no login)

How many times are you going to prove yourself a liar on one thread?

April 26 2009, 1:28 AM 

You're a busted fukcing flush son, as the yoof of today say, so take that sorry arse of yours and put it in that shabby sack and carry it on outta here you cocksucking cocksucker to end all cocksuckers.

Please, please, please go away, for ever and ever and ever a fuking men.

Otherwise front-up and do a turn at Rockaways where your adoring public may critique your work firsthand?

Nah, thought fuking not.

Tit.

Respond to this message   
stephen shelley
(no login)

Down By The Riverside......

April 27 2009, 3:26 PM 

Yes this week, I will visit Newport.

Cos I know under Newport Market there is alot of Bad Water.

You ought to let the local council know about it.. the muddy Usk gets under your tusks.

But don't despair,,, the murk is still the second fastest turning tide - in the world.

But I am not coming specifically to confront you, that's a trivial matter.

My step father who I used to think was far too right, a fascist, a womaniser... has actually surprised me. He did teach me how to keep a garden, how to fish, bought my first guitar, made from Llanwern Steel the fastest sledge to rock 1981's snow upon Beachwood, gave me a dog and a duck, Kim an Old English and Stanley the Alesbury. And by the way.. in Alesbury Street there is another door I will be knocking down.or was it Stanley Road,,,oh Wella I don't know.

He's gone.. and my mother loved and does not deserve to loose him at 65 years old... someone who you just couldn't get to grips with, sometimes found yourself fighting with but still dragged you out of it.

So, I won't be battering anybody, I will be returning to Newport to pay respect to my late step father, Colin.

Shine on

Respond to this message   
Stephen Shelley
(no login)

Thank you..

April 30 2009, 2:53 PM 

I don't know why some people want to attack people, 15 - 20 years after an extraordinary experience.

Yes I lost it... but at least I knew along time ago, I had.

I don't need some annonymous man to slag me off and on top of that exagerate the situation..

I bet Robin Hood just asked for a shag and he was so ugly.. the aristocrisy gave away their jewels.

At the moment.. I'm feeling confident..

Actually should I not be doing the Twitter thing...bloody hell it's raining and I can't busk. How boring.

Well its one of those make or break days..
Actually youve just realised
Youve walked out on the temporary job and said
**** it all
Why am I like a piece of wall paper
That get hung up for effect
And then when the weather settles in
One becomes a defect
I wish, I was woodchip
Then youd have a hell of a job scraping me down
I wish I was woodchip
Paint me over, again and again but I will still be as ugly
Then youd have a hell of job scraping me down
You are cost cutting landlords
Putting up your wood chip
So your guests
Would have a hell of a time
Trying to scrap it down.

But its as easy to say
Your attitude was threatening
Wat, I say, all meant to say
Your exploitation
Empowerment of your solid contracts
Was all the worth mentioning
I was threatening
See all around you
Youve got four walls, four wheel drives
Youve got cottages on the west coast
Cottages on the East coast
Youve got cottages in Lands end and you aint got the thick skin to accommodate a cottage in Jon O Groats.
See all around you
Youve got natural spring water bottles
To pollute the sea

SEE YOU ALL AROUND
SEE YOU ALL AROUND
SEE YOU ALL AROUND
SEE YOU ALL AROUND
NOT SURE IF YOU WANT TO HANG ONTO WHAT YOUVE GOT
NOT SURE.
YES ITS PLEASURE, IT THE HEDONISTIC INDUSTRY
AND BELIEVE ME
I AM JUST A GUILTY AS YOU

Respond to this message   
Vietgwent massif
(no login)

Is it because.........................

May 14 2009, 5:56 PM 

................ you've finally been sectioned that your posting has stopped?

Hoozah!!!

Respond to this message   
Andy warhol
(no login)

Painted your bathroom.

April 6 2012, 3:43 AM 

Well this is a name that hasn't popped into my mind for some years. Trust me to be three years late. If it wasn't 3 in the morning I would comment more, maybe I will later. I will however say this. I lived in Newport for the first 21 years of my life and was glad to leave the growing number of dimwits that was breeding there. Saying that I was, and still am sorry to leave the small amount of people who will remain the nicest people I have ever met. I no nothing of this face punching indecent at all but one thing I learnt early in my life is that if you choose to have a go at somebody from Newport it is in there nature to just punch you in the face. In fact in my experience it is in there nature to punch you in the face for no reason at all. One of the many reasons me and most of the other people I new left Newport for dead.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - FREUDIAN SLIP 1988
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement