<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

FREUDIAN SLIP 1988

December 21 2008 at 9:34 PM
Stephen Shelley  (Login SSHELLEYS)
from IP address 86.155.145.128

Great Website. Fantastic choreography of bands who've played, was it really as many as 50,000.
No wonder the late great John Peel frequented the venue to review raw original talent. Does anybody remember the Carribean fresco. My first experience of TJ's was seeing Benji (Skindread) getting up and rapping with Band Bamboo in 1984.. that was when smoking was really enjoyable...I've never really produced as the great alternatives spawn from the stalagtite venue, such as The Abs, Carlton B Morgan, Elastica, The March Hares, Full Circle. See Statementality on U Tube and the Freudian Slip's entry DEVOUR to see the decor.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Man in the know
(no login)

Fuc k you Nigel

December 27 2008, 12:10 PM 

I honestly thought you'd died.

Pity really.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous Rockaholic
(no login)

Re: Fuc k you Nigel

December 28 2008, 3:47 AM 

It does seem like most people have died

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

The irony is....

December 28 2008, 12:17 PM 

...that Hislop tried to fabricate his own disappearance once in a pityful attempt to hide from some people who badly wanted to find him for various reasons.

He's violent you know, and a bit of a coward.

Respond to this message   
Stephen Shelley
(no login)

FRUG

December 29 2008, 8:04 PM 

There's obviously alot of myth and rubbish thrown around Newport.

Shame you can't reveal who you are to sit down have a beer and get things in perspective.

The original entry was written to highlight how TJ's provided an opportunity for artists to express their original material.

I'd be happy to meet you and discuss whatever hang up you have about Nigel.

There will always be incidents and misunderstanding. No matter what negatives you lash out, it can always be said that Jon and his staff make people welcome at TJ's no matter what flaws they might have.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

The farkin cheek of it.

December 30 2008, 3:08 PM 

You've been hiding behind that bull**** nickname for farking years. I was there when your cover was blown you violent twunt and so were a few others, Andy being one of 'em.

Freudian Slap indeed. What a c ock.

Respond to this message   
David Jones
(no login)

Chill Out

December 30 2008, 6:01 PM 

I'm familiar with the situ back in 1991. Seems like you want to take up arms on behalf of Andy Barding. There was some rivalry between them, especially as Nigel was focussing on a show case for bands at the then Xenons and Andy doing the same at TJ's. Twas a momentary outburst. I do know that since Nigel has spoken to Andy and Andy accepted there was no further need to dwell on it. We presume you are Beddis, and you have a hang up about a misunderstanding when Nigel sent a card to H. From what I know of this, he genuinely wanted to help a very sick girl and had no alteria motive. Beddis has also spoken to Nigel since and agreed that she had suicidal tendencies.

Would you be so civil to accept that Nigel posted the comments to appreciate TJ's, not to bring up old differences. As regards his nick name, it was dubbed by his bass player upon his first gig in Birkenhead back in 1984, and since Nigel has found out he was adopted and took back his original birth certificate name and placed 'Shelley' as his middle. It has never been used to disguise anything.

It's a shame you feel so aggrieved and want to take up arms, but we all have had momentary outbursts. It's a human phenonomen. Nigel himself has been beaten up by a burglar and on that occasion he took the issue to the Police. If you do want to pursue your hang up, then please use the appropriate legal methods and do not high jack local venue web sites to air your negative views.

Cheers

Dave.

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Nope, well wide of the mark matey, well wide.

December 30 2008, 6:24 PM 

Nigel didn't have 'a momentery outburst', he twa tted someone full in the face without warning and then proceeded to tell him he'd finish him off given another chance (all because his real name was used in print). I've had personal run-ins with Nigel and his first port-of-call was always an offer of violence. Believe what you like I'm not the slightest bit bothered. All I'm doing is reminding the bloke he ain't liked and for very good reason as he's a fuc kwit and a bully.

OK?

Respond to this message   
Stephen Shelley
(Login SSHELLEYS)

Was Gerard Provoked...?

December 30 2008, 7:41 PM 

OK, i'll just get on with my happy life and rest assure yourselves, I hold no grudge with anybody.

Seeing as then I was no more than 10 stone, and got the **** beat of me by Bullies in Lliswerry, I really think it's not really worth dwelling on.

Freudian Slip was a means to let out that pent up anger. Yes, I did hit Barding but it was nothing to do with my name, it was all to do with a defamotary exercise he executed because we sussed for getting in free, flashing his Journalist badge from the Western Mail and not doing anything to promote the nights in Xenons.

Again..., this is quite something somebody turning me into a notorious villain, but it won't suppass my far less tolerant and volatile girlfriend.

She has quite a reputation for slapping and smashing journalists cameras. Tara

Respond to this message   
Stephen Shelley
(Login SSHELLEYS)

COWARD i

December 30 2008, 8:45 PM 

Actually whoever you are.. you just reminded me about a rough recording I made a few weeks back with 'Kei' my buddy guitarist from Japan. It's called 'COWARD i' . I doubt you would but hey now we've bored browsers with this petit difference, I can suggest them to ear with my efforts.. go to reverbnation.com/poppicoch Have a can tomorrow on us... Love and spirit, Stephen and J....

Respond to this message   
Nigel Shelley Hislop Hater (one of many)
(no login)

He tried to kill himself you know

January 1 2009, 12:18 PM 

Couldn't even get that right. Pity really...

Respond to this message   
Petticoat5
(Login Petticoat5)

Cheer up!

January 1 2009, 1:39 PM 

Here's a little ditty a few of us penned back in the day to help us cope;

Shelley Shelley Shelley
You twatted Andy Barding
I would draw the curtains
If you was busking in my garden.

Good eh?

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Quality darts there, a tidy little ditty ta be sure.

January 1 2009, 4:19 PM 

Nigel could well do with taking note of your superior song structure and applying it to that twosh he spews out. I mean come on, you can't call that music now can you?

Respond to this message   
Petticoat5
(no login)

Hahahaha!

January 1 2009, 9:13 PM 

Too fekkin right mate! And it only took three people to come up with that particular masterpiece.

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(Login AndyBarding)

I remember very clearly

January 1 2009, 9:38 PM 

being punched in the face by Nigel Hislop outside Rockaway Records. I am not, in any way, a violent person - so I did not have it in my psyche to strike back. Worst luck. I think Simon Phillips and Bedddis would have quite happily done that job for me, though.

Interesting that Hislop is now alluding to a violent girlfriend, one who (he claims) has history of violence against journalists and photographers. Poor Nigel. He hasn't had much luck with the ladies, has he? Didn't Her Majesty's twelve men good and true have something to say about that some years ago? And didn't he stalk one of the poor TJs regulars into something approaching a massive breakdown?

His comments on here confirm that nothing has changed. He is still a violent character, probably in need of correction. I would have to agree with the previous poster - the Nigel Shelley Hislop story could well have had a neater ending had the hapless clown tried vertical strokes of his blade rather than horizontal ones. That's a tip, Hislop.

Oh, and for the record, my promotion or otherwise of band nights at Zenons had nothing to do with any of this. I reviewed several of them and still have a cracking photo of Tearooms from said same series of gigs. No. Hislop hit me because he didn't like the review I wrote of his truly dreadful band.

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Only 3 of you? Hang on a mo.........

January 2 2009, 12:17 AM 

Hey Petticoat5, was that an entire Dolls practice session?

Respond to this message   
Hislop Hater
(no login)

Shouldn't that be

January 2 2009, 10:29 AM 

"being punched in the face by Nigel Hislop outside Rockaway Records. I am not, in any way, a violent person - so I did not have it in my psyche to strike back. Worst luck. I think Simon Phillips and Bedddis would have quite happily done that job for me, though."

...but he ran away immediately? Then he went to the press complaints commission and tried to get A Barding sacked, but the press complaints commisssion said there was no case to answer, thus proving FREUDIAN SLIP WERE ****!

God what a ponce that man was/is!

Respond to this message   
Man in the know
(no login)

Ah, but he didn't run away immediately though did he.

January 2 2009, 12:16 PM 

He twatted Andy, did his best to ignore myself and Simon pushing him away (Beddis wasn't there) and then started twittering on about how he was going to 'finish him off'. When he finally understood that he wouldn't be allowed to touch Andy again he started shouting about how no one uses Nigel as his name, no one. He then wanted to know what Andy thought he was doing using Nigel in the review. Do you see, he wasn't unconcerned that his real name was used.

His final flourish, and this was a good 'un, was, when it all had eventually calmed down and he was left looking at a market full of people who genuinely thought he was a maniac, he calmly produced a wad of A4's from his bag and quietly asked Simon if he wouldn't mind putting up a few posters for him. The man's eyes are fuc ked I tells ye, totally fuc king fuc ked. He's a real life nutter, not a nice nutter, just fuc king prick with two fists.

I could go on and tell you what happened when he tried to push past me on the door at a gig in TJ's once but I'll leave that for another post in this here thread that'll hopefully run and run.

Hislop, behold, your public are speaking.

Ta for starting this, it's the best thread ever.

Respond to this message   
Andy Barding
(Login AndyBarding)

Ah yes, man in the know.

January 2 2009, 1:19 PM 

That now rings many bells. I recall very well the Press Complaints Commission hoohah, too. Of course, the psycho didn't get anywhere - but it did get me in hot water with the editor of the newspaper that I was working for at the time.

That basically sank Frug!, alas. Irregardless of whatever my humble fanzine had to offer culturally (aw come on, it was great!) the people who paid my wages didn't want me writing for other people. I blamed it on an imaginary brother for an issue or two, but finally had to give it up. Way to go, Hislop.

I suppose I was lucky my dim-witted editor didn't realise I was also moonlighting for the Daily Mirror, Sun, NME and Melody Maker at the same time an' all...

Respond to this message   
Petticoat5
(no login)

Ha!

January 2 2009, 1:23 PM 

Ha, no, I don't recall any of them being there.
The other two collaborators of 'Shelley Shelley' know who they are, and when the next X-Factor winner is number one with it we will buy a big house on a hill and live in it like the Monkees.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 59 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement