<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Miner's Claim Brug

May 19 2007 at 6:16 AM
Karyn  (Login kskbhk)
Brugmansia lover

I got one of these (waiting for delivery) and had never heard of it before. It's been around a while but it's not very popular. It looked very pretty in the pic. Is it a really slow grower or hard to get to bloom or something? I was surprised that I hadn't seen one before and thought (after I bought it) that there might be a reason that it wasn't more popular lol. I realize that there's loads of varieties that I'm not familiar with but most of the variegated brugs are fairly popular.
Karyn

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login lynnehardi)

Re: Miner's Claim Brug

May 19 2007, 3:05 PM 

Patented Brug #2, I believe... It's from the same people who made Snowbank.
We wanted both at first, but after reading about Snowbank, decided against both. Don't know, might change my mind on that one someday, I do like the leaves on it.

Lynne
USDA 9b, Heat 10
Bradenton, Florida
Peace.

(Login ChSam)
Hummingbird lover 2007

May 19 2007, 6:57 PM 

Brugmansia Snowbank was discovered and propagated by Terra Nova Nursery. California's Keith Miner, discovered B. Miner's Claim in 1999 as a mutation in a section of B. Frosty Pink at Monterrey Bay Nursery. From what I've heard, Miner's Claim is very poor at flowering. Snowbank wasn't good at flowering for me, but I've never tried Miner's Claim. Maya does well, so she is the one I grow most of the time, that has variegation. I will be growing the white suaveolens variegata this year too. It is also a good brug for flowering.

ChSam (Shirley Morr)
Chariton, Iowa
Zone 5

Karyn
(Login kskbhk)
Brugmansia lover

May 19 2007, 7:30 PM 

I figured there must have been some reason that it wasn't more popular. lol I got a small cutting of Snowbank last fall and it's still small. As a matter of fact I don't think it's grown more than 10 inches since I got it and it didn't go dormant over the winter. I'm hoping that it will start putting on some decent growth now that it's outside, we'll see. My Maya and Peaches & Cream both grow and bloom well. I'll cross my fingers that the M.C. does better than my Snowbank.
Karyn

(Login Celtguy)
Hummingbird Member 2005

May 19 2007, 11:53 PM 

I don't know...even if it never bloomed, I'd grow Snowbank for its beautiful foliage.

Here's a pic of Carol's Snowbank that I took last year when Carrie & I went to her plant swap in TX:

I got a Maya last year & it's done well and I have a cutting of Peaches & Cream...I'll have to be happy with those 2 for now.

Patrick
Brug Moderator
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place

Current Topic - Miner's Claim Brug  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Free Image Hosting site

FreeImageHosting.net is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload; Copy Image Code; Paste that code in your message.

FreeImageHosting.net -

Filename extensions allowed: gif, jpg, bmp, png
Filesize limit: 3,000KB

TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Uploads.im - image hosting site

Uploads.im is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload; Copy the Direct Link code; Paste that code in your message.

Free online spelling checker

Search:   for    

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Hummingbird Forum

Est. Oct. 6, 2005 - Page visits Free Counters

Patrick (Celtguy) Started the Brugmansia Forum and is now Moderator Emeritus

Locations of visitors to this page

Daily Map of Brugs and Such Forum Visitors