<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Where is everyone??

June 8 2010 at 10:22 PM
Selma McNamara  (Login ispydox)
Brugmansia lover

Hi there, is anyone else out there? Or is the weather everywhere else so nice that people are out with their brugs? I have mine outside, but it has been raining so much, (at least I don't have to water them); but I have a question: I know they don't like their roots soaking in water, but what do I do when it is raining so much? The soil is Patrick's mix, that is supposed to drain well, and I removed the dishes from under the pots so they wouldn't collect water. Is that enough? Thanks [linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

John Curran
(Login John_Curran)
Brugmansia lover

Re: Where is everyone??

June 9 2010, 8:56 PM 

I think they will be fine. I add 50% by volume fine pine bark to the soil mix, but this does break down and get spongy in about 2 or 3 years, which is then will hold too much water.

I check in almost daily, but I imagine we are all outside with our plants unless it is raining... too hard.

Click for Whiting, New Jersey Forecast

Carrie
(Login carrie751)
Brug Assistant Moderator

June 10 2010, 1:38 PM 

Hey, Selma, here in my neck of the woods, it is crunch time. I have, not only brugs, but many beds scattered out over my acreage. My well wasn't working well enough for over a week to pull my sprinkler system, so that meant dragging hoses. I come in so tired at night, I seldom even check emails. We aren't even going to get rain today, though other parts of the area are. I am still here and check the forum daily .............just do not take the time to post. It will get better later, she says hopefully !!!!!!!!

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas
[linked image]

Selma McNamara
(Login ispydox)
Brugmansia lover

June 10 2010, 8:44 PM 

Well, Carrie, it is raining here (again), but I feel your pain. We are supposed to have a nice sunny weekend, and sun the rest of next week! [linked image]

[linked image]

Ruth Ann
(Login Tiedjens)
Brug IT Manager

June 11 2010, 5:24 AM 

I have been busy working to pay for our new deck LOL. I have also been enjoying the new deck. Now that it is done I can replant the little garden beside it that had to be downsized, the only thing that was safe in there were the 2 Brugs. Golden Lady DH discovered yesterday has buds, she and Exotica are in this garden by the deck for nose appeal. happy.gif
Axel Rose will flower in a week as well so I am on my way to a fragrant summer.

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech

Carrie
(Login carrie751)
Brug Assistant Moderator

June 12 2010, 8:20 AM 

Yes, Ruth Ann ................wish we had smell-a-vision ..................

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas
[linked image]

Carrie
(Login carrie751)
Brug Assistant Moderator

June 23 2010, 8:58 AM 

Haven't posted in days .........this hot weather is keeping me busy watering.........what are the rest of you doing????

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas
[linked image]

Selma McNamara
(Login ispydox)
Brugmansia lover

June 23 2010, 12:21 PM 

Hi Carrie, up here in the PNW we are waiting for summer (or even spring). We might get it today! I just checked, and on my NOID pink, my original brug, I have 3 buds just starting!! I can smell it now! Most of the other ones are growing, at least they have leaves on them. I am fighting a battle against the snails and slugs, we have them in abundance up here. Of course, on the up side, we don't have to water as much as the rest of the world! [linked image]

[linked image]

Carrie
(Login carrie751)
Brug Assistant Moderator

June 24 2010, 1:21 PM 

Maybe if we could just meld the two climates..............???????

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas
[linked image]

Patrick
(Login Celtguy)
Bird Lover

June 24 2010, 4:32 PM 

Carrie, that sounds like a stellar idea...but you'd have to trade half of our gray days for an equal number of your sunny days. Sound like a plan?!

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place
[linked image]

Carrie
(Login carrie751)
Brug Assistant Moderator

July 2 2010, 8:39 AM 

Patrick, you know I cannot give up my sunshine................

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas
[linked image]

Selma McNamara
(Login ispydox)
Brugmansia lover

July 2 2010, 10:30 AM 

Carrie, we are about to get sunshine!! Maybe next week, it is supposed to get sunny and warm, even up to 80 degrees (shudder). Perhaps my poor brugs will quit shivering, and start growing and making buds!

[linked image]

Patrick
(Login Celtguy)
Bird Lover

July 3 2010, 1:11 PM 

Selma...just imagine...we can get out our summer shorts and t-shirts! And our sunglasses...and our sunscreen. It's time to stock up on lemonade and tea bags (iced tea!) and make sure we have plenty of fresh ice. [linked image]

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
[linked image]

Selma McNamara
(Login ispydox)
Brugmansia lover

July 3 2010, 10:04 PM 

What are those things, Patrick? Perhaps I remember something about them in the dim dark past, but nothing like that recently. What has it been--something like 250 days?? But yes, it will be nice, and I am sure the brugs will relish the weather! [linked image]

[linked image]

Carrie
(Login carrie751)
Brug Assistant Moderator

July 5 2010, 8:20 AM 

I wish for you ...........SUNSHINE ............

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas
[linked image]

Selma McNamara
(Login ispydox)
Brugmansia lover

July 5 2010, 10:34 AM 

Thanks Carrie, I woke up this AM, and it is ......raining. Sigh, oh well, maybe tomorrow.

[linked image]

Patrick
(Login Celtguy)
Bird Lover

July 5 2010, 11:32 AM 

Yes, Selma...take heart...and also brace yourself. The Weather Channel forecast for my area shows clearing today by late afternoon and 69. The high temps for the next 3 days are 80, 87 & 89, respectively! MN must think we're Corning Wear or Pyrex...straight from the refrigerator to the microwave.

So, I keep telling people that July 4th is our last day of winter and that Summer doesn't arrive until after that. I guess it's time to get out the garden hoses...MN is going to quit handling the watering chores.

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
[linked image]

Carrie
(Login carrie751)
Brug Assistant Moderator

July 7 2010, 8:45 AM 

I have been able to put my hoses away for a few days ..........rain in JULY in TEXAS??!!!!!! What next? It is an absolute miracle. We are scheduled for more rain today and tomorrow. I love the rain, but I also understand how too much of a good thing is just that............TOO much !!! Take heart, up there in the PNW, your time will come.

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas
[linked image]

Selma McNamara
(Login ispydox)
Brugmansia lover

July 7 2010, 10:52 AM 

It has! It has! We saw the sun yesterday! And it was very pleasant, in the mid 70's. However, today we start the heat wave, supposed to get into the mid 80-90s over the next few days. I guess I will be doing the watering, since Mother Nature is taking a break from her duties! [linked image]

[linked image]

Carrie
(Login carrie751)
Brug Assistant Moderator

July 8 2010, 5:21 PM 

Hey, you guys in the PNW, you are warmer than I today................

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas
[linked image]

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Free online spelling checker

Search:   for    

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Hummingbird Forum

Est. Oct. 6, 2005 - Page visits Free Counters

Patrick (Celtguy) Started the Brugmansia Forum and is now Moderator Emeritus

Locations of visitors to this page

Daily Map of Brugs and Such Forum Visitors