<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Oh My Gosh!

July 31 2010 at 1:19 AM

Patrick  (Login Celtguy)
Bird Lover

This evening I was working in the backyard & kept getting a little whiff of brug perfume. There is almost a total lack of brug blooms open out there and I started inspecting one brug after another for a hidden bloom. I have a couple of plants with 1 bud each, just starting to open...I checked them for fragrance - zilch.

Finally, I shrugged it off, thinking it must be the oriental lilies that are in bloom...or maybe the clump of hot pink phlox. Then I just happened to spot a bloom on L'Amour, which was crowded between a tall rugosa rose bush and an even taller Creamsicle. On the back side were 2 more open blooms. It has been on my To Do list to get L'Amour out of that spot, relieving the crowded situation. I had already moved another brug out, but hadn't finished the project.

I immediately made a prominent space for L'Amour and got it settled there. Then I kept walking over to it and inhaling the perfume....getting my "fix"! I'll probably go out for one more sniff before I go to bed.

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Carrie
(Login carrie751)
Brug Assistant Moderator

Re: Oh My Gosh!

July 31 2010, 12:12 PM 

I guess she told you ............"get me out of here".........LOL> Congrats, Patrick, I am enjoying the brug fragrance as well. Evenings are great for this.

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas
[linked image]

Selma McNamara
(Login ispydox)
Brugmansia lover

July 31 2010, 8:05 PM 

Yes, I am in love with the brug smell--worth waiting a whole year for!

[linked image]

Ruth Ann
(Login Tiedjens)
Brug IT Manager

August 3 2010, 5:57 AM 

That happens to me in the winterhouse. I don't notice buds developing due to the crowding down there either and then wham.... I walk in and smell a bloom. happy.gif

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech

Patrick
(Login Celtguy)
Bird Lover

August 3 2010, 12:46 PM 

RA, even tho I withhold fertilizer starting around the 1rst of Sept, my climate delays the start of the brugs' blooming and they often are still developing buds when I have to put them into winter storage. I do cut the leaves off, but I let the buds go ahead & open in the garage. I almost always have a few blooms scenting the garage well into winter.

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Free online spelling checker

Search:   for    

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Hummingbird Forum

Est. Oct. 6, 2005 - Page visits Free Counters

Patrick (Celtguy) Started the Brugmansia Forum and is now Moderator Emeritus

Locations of visitors to this page

Daily Map of Brugs and Such Forum Visitors