<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Spring in the PNW??

March 12 2011 at 2:55 PM
Selma  (Login ispydox)
Brugmansia lover

Hey all, a question, our temps are between high 30's at night, and upper 40's during the day, with rain. Can I put my brugs outside? The temp in the basement is about the same. And the little white bugs all over the leaves are making the plants look furry, and I am afrain they will die due to the bugs. Please help, Thanks, Selma

[linked image]

This message has been edited by ispydox on Mar 12, 2011 5:41 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Carrie
(Login carrie751)
Brug Assistant Moderator

Re: Spring in the PNW??

March 13 2011, 9:44 AM 

Selma, it has been my experience here in a much different climate than yours that brugs don't mind a little "cool" weather. They can even take a light freeze .........if this helps any !!!

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas
[linked image]

Selma McNamara
(Login ispydox)
Brugmansia lover

March 13 2011, 7:51 PM 

It helps a lot, Thanks Carrie. I will put them out asap, anything to get rid of the bugs on the leaves!

[linked image]

carrie 751
(Login carrie751)
Brug Assistant Moderator

March 20 2011, 9:02 AM 

We are having such a wonderful Spring here in North Texas......just hope MN doesn't give me a surprise. It is time for me to start the fertilizing process if I want blooms starting in May or June. They will ALL be outside at the end of this day, and able to take advantage of the cool nights and warm days....brugs love this weather...........and so do I.

Selma McNamara
(Login ispydox)
Brugmansia lover

March 23 2011, 11:10 PM 

Well, I put the brugs out last week, and today they were blessed dwith 60 degree weather, sunny to boot! Luckily it is supposed to rain tonight or tomorrow, so I won't have to water them. And it looks like the bugs have left the plants! Yippeee!

[linked image]

Selma McNamara
(Login ispydox)
Brugmansia lover

April 7 2011, 12:10 AM 

Well, Carrie, I sure hope you are right, that the brugs can take a little light freeze. We have had snow on the car windshield for two mornings this week, and possibly tomorrow! The brugs are out, and yippee. the mites are gone! Thanks. S

[linked image]

Carrie
(Login carrie751)
Brug Assistant Moderator

April 8 2011, 10:06 PM 

They can, Selma..............glad the bugs are gone.

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Free online spelling checker

Search:   for    

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Hummingbird Forum

Est. Oct. 6, 2005 - Page visits Free Counters

Patrick (Celtguy) Started the Brugmansia Forum and is now Moderator Emeritus

Locations of visitors to this page

Daily Map of Brugs and Such Forum Visitors