<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

More birds

July 24 2012 at 5:33 PM

Poppabird  (Login poppabird)
Bird Lover 2012

Here are a few more shots. White-breasted Nuthatcher, a wet Western tanager I think and a Western Bluebird.

This Mountain Chickadee comes for water now and then.

I see a lot of Wrens when I go walking. Some of the Dark-eyed Junco (red back) have a good bit of black in them, not sure why. Maybe they are young ones?

The Yellow-rumped Warbler comes for water a good bit too, and I have only seen the Red Crossbill once.

All pictures taken in Cloudcroft, NM

[linked image]
Let's go bird watching!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ward
(Login WardDa)
Bird Lover

Re: More birds

July 25 2012, 9:18 AM 

Mountain Chickadee brings up an old memory of backpacking in the Rockies and finding this bird for the first time - just like our Carolina with a lightning strike through the crown. Now I know it isn't exactly alike, the gray reminds me more of a Mexican Chickadee. Nice shots.

Ruth
(Login flowerpowereverett)
Feathered Friends Moderator 2005

July 25 2012, 12:08 PM 

I love the Mountain Chickadees! happy.gif And I wonder if you might see the White-winged Crossbill? I've been waiting 6 years and have not seen one. Also, what about Gray Jay, Clark's Nutcracker? Three-toed Woodpecker, and my nemesis the Black-backed Woodpecker? When I got looking at the list for New Mexico, I was amazed at what you could find if a person had lots of time! Nice shots John! How much longer are you staying there anyway?

Ruth
Everett, WA
Zone 8
[linked image]

Poppabird
(Login poppabird)
Bird Lover 2012

July 25 2012, 7:03 PM 

Thanks guys, Ruth the only one I have seen out of the ones you listed is the Gray Jay and I seen them in a place call Pie Town, NM. Not sure how much longer I will be in this area, anywhere from a week to a month, just not sure.
Ward I remember that I had lots of Carolina come to my feeders back in KY.

[linked image]
Let's go bird watching!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

The Hummingbird Forum Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum