| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

Daily Frog Report

August 31 2009 at 12:29 PM
No score for this post

from IP address 68.57.141.93

Response to Great pics Dorsey...

Thanks Knut. Actually, I think that saying originally came in it's very basic primitive form from the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament Bible. It might also have come from one of Shakespeare's plays. As for my relationship to that saying, my maternal Grandfather and all of his male ancestors were "watermen" meaning fishermen/crabbers/oystermen on the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia and Maryland. That was long before there were any accurate weather forecasting. So, the islanders had to judge the approaching weather by the clouds, humidity, rings around the moon or sun, movements of birds and waterfowl and other natural clues. And, of course, the Red Sky poem was very useful to them too. My grandmother taught that to me when I was a very small child.

Well, today, Monday, August 31st, we had only one little frog who was ready to jump to freedom. We still have about 50 - 75 or more tadpoles in various stages of development as they sprout legs and shed their tails. Debby took some photos today which I'll post as soon as she downloads them to the computer.

Hope all is well in Avaldsnes, Norway.

Dorsey H.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter