| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

Re: Rachet Wheel Slips.. Late 70's and 80's

March 1 2010 at 10:06 AM
No score for this post
Bill D 
from IP address 69.120.221.111

Response to Rachet Wheel Slips.. Late 70's and 80's

This has me a little confused here.. I have never come across a rachet itself being loose. The 3 prong disc keeps pressure on the wheel since it is sprung. I can understand how the single screw that holds the bridge with the rest of the winding train in place could cause the wheels to not align as Dorsey says but I think that also is uncommon (in my experience). To me the most common problem is the click spring as TG suggests. The thin flat click that was used tends to wear on the end over time and the only way to cure it is to replace it. Some of the earlier movements had a much more substancial click that was more similar to other watches and did not wear.

Here are the 2 click versions side by side. The one on the left is VERY prone to wear.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Bill D

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter