| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

Re: A #77650 for today

April 29 2010 at 11:10 AM
No score for this post
Bill D 
from IP address 74.89.179.90

Response to A #77650 for today

Decided to give this a long overdue airing today. I'll repeat the story on this one for the newer members here.
While visiting my master watchmaker friend, I spotted this clear case he had lying around and thought it had a strong resemblance to a Marlin case and inquired about it. He said he didn't remember how he happened to have it and said take it. It had no case back and no holes to take strap pins. I brought it home and found it did indeed take an old Marlin dial and movement. Then found a crystal that fit the back.
I had to drill straight through the horns for a pin since there was no way I could just drill inside for the pins. So I wound up with what I thought was a real "franken" that I was proud to have made.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

fast forward about a year and while doing inventory at Timexpo what should I find but an almost exact twin. The only difference was a very slightly different case back. Notice theirs also has the holes drilled through. Here they are together.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Bill D

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter