| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

I Agree Nortm.....more....

July 15 2010 at 11:11 AM
No score for this post
Dorsey H. 
from IP address 71.63.44.236

Response to Yes but...

...and I can't help but wonder if over the decades since that "plastic" Tissot movement was made some progress has been made in the hardness of plastics or plastic-type materials that would make watch parts less prone to wear? We know that "Kevlar" is a Dupont-discovered chemistry-based material from which bullet-proof vests and other force-resistant products are made. It seems that perhaps a watch movement could be make from Kevlar that would stand up to wear as dependably as metal. I'm not a chemist or metallurgist but with all of the progress in both fields since the 1960's-70's it seems that some material other than metal could be used that would be wear resistant and very light weight.

Dorsey H.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter