| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

Re: That is great Joe

July 17 2010 at 6:24 PM
No score for this post

from IP address 208.97.254.16

Response to That is great Joe

What I find neat about Timex watches (as far as working on them) is that they are actually designed to be easily serviced, believe it or not. I have two 3-ring binders with factory original Timex service literature, that give detailed disassembly, clean & lube, and reassembly instructions for each model movement. The movements are designed to be cleaned and oiled with very minimal disassembly, and I've found them to be quite forgiving of the occasional mistakes that I've made from time to time as I've taught myself the art of servicing mechanical watches.

Here (to bring this thread back to a Timex subject) is the preface for one of those binders:

TIMEX IS AN EASY WATCH TO ADJUST AND REPAIR
IT MEANS BUSINESS - MORE BUSINESS - FOR YOU

Like any watch Timex will require occasional repairs and adjustments. With so many in circulation a large proportion of repairs taken to jewellers shops must consist of Timex watches. After all, more people buy Timex than any other watch in the world.

Understandably, Timex owners will turn to you. The Timex movement is very easy to repair. As a reputable jeweller in your community, you are the logical man to do the job. They know you. They have confidence in your ability. They appreciate your work. The repair of Timex watches offers you an unusual opportunity to bring more customers to your shop - and make more sales now and in the future.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter