| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

Now, that's a...

August 1 2010 at 12:55 PM
No score for this post
technoguy 
from IP address 65.55.67.177

Response to Sunday's watch

familiar face though mine is the all goldtone model thanks to my very generous anonymous benefactor.

Actually, a rather nice "Submariner" homage overall with the only changes I would have made being placing the luminous dot at the other end of its second hand and adding another luminous plastic dot to the reference arrow on the bezel. So far, mine has been keeping perfect time after running for about a week. I suspect that in a month's time its error, IF it has one, will only be a few seconds.

Coincidentally, I, too, am involved in a plumbing job this afternoon, but I would never wear any of my "good" watches while doing one. I really hate plumbing jobs because one never knows if they will last for ten years or spring a leak after only a few minutes! Usually when they fail, it's right after I've put all my tools away and cleaned myself up...then I have to start all over again! Aargh! I guess they are, however, compensated for by electrical repairs. Whenever I make one of those, it's usually good for twenty years!

technoguy

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter