| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

A question of ethics,.........

August 12 2010 at 11:45 AM
No score for this post

Richard 
from IP address 114.74.181.143

I am a little concerned at the recent postings by our members, stating current auctions that they are bidding on.

Point 1. The rules of this forum page:- "Please do not post links to active auctions or sales sites."

It is my practice to scour Ebay regularly for different & interesting watches including Timex.
I mark the ones I find & watch to see how the bids progress.
I like to bid at the last minute to avoid a bidding war.
Whilst I respect the intention of trying to limit bidding, against each other, It happens that I might have already had my eye on something that another member has posted a claim to. I will then feel like I am being a "A*H" if I want to buy it & place a bid.

Point 2. I don't think it ethical for us to try & limit competition between ourselves, from the Sellers point of view. I certainly would not appreciate getting a low price for an item I was selling, because a group of potential buyers were conspiring to keep the price down.

I have sent emails to other members of the forum to check with them if they are chasing the same item, & as a courtesy, if they spotted it first I may well abstain from bidding.
But on the other hand I might just take the view of "Toss you for it".

Well that's my point of view, & I don't mean any offense to those that have already posted their intention. Consider also that I might not have been aware of the item posted, & you might be adding me as competition.

Rant Over, let's here your "take".
Cheers Richard.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter