A question of ethics,.........August 12 2010 at 11:45 AM
No score for this post
from IP address 126.96.36.199
I am a little concerned at the recent postings by our members, stating current auctions that they are bidding on.
Point 1. The rules of this forum page:- "Please do not post links to active auctions or sales sites."
It is my practice to scour Ebay regularly for different & interesting watches including Timex.
I mark the ones I find & watch to see how the bids progress.
I like to bid at the last minute to avoid a bidding war.
Whilst I respect the intention of trying to limit bidding, against each other, It happens that I might have already had my eye on something that another member has posted a claim to. I will then feel like I am being a "A*H" if I want to buy it & place a bid.
Point 2. I don't think it ethical for us to try & limit competition between ourselves, from the Sellers point of view. I certainly would not appreciate getting a low price for an item I was selling, because a group of potential buyers were conspiring to keep the price down.
I have sent emails to other members of the forum to check with them if they are chasing the same item, & as a courtesy, if they spotted it first I may well abstain from bidding.
But on the other hand I might just take the view of "Toss you for it".
Well that's my point of view, & I don't mean any offense to those that have already posted their intention. Consider also that I might not have been aware of the item posted, & you might be adding me as competition.
Rant Over, let's here your "take".
- Re: A question of ethics,......... - Ian on Aug 12, 2010, 12:13 PM
- Thanks for the Observation, Richard, (More) - Dorsey H. on Aug 12, 2010, 12:49 PM
- Something to think about - JerseyMo on Aug 12, 2010, 12:54 PM
- I, too, find... - technoguy on Aug 12, 2010, 3:43 PM
- agreed - david on Aug 12, 2010, 4:17 PM
- I thought the 'no bid' requests left something to be desired... - MCV on Aug 12, 2010, 4:21 PM
- another option... - C.W. Cale on Aug 12, 2010, 6:03 PM
- I'm joining David and removing our No-Bid requests; I've deleted mine & David's request. - EdH on Aug 12, 2010, 6:56 PM
- Sounds like we are in agreement... - RonD. on Aug 12, 2010, 9:25 PM
- Satisfied,........ - Richard on Aug 12, 2010, 11:09 PM
- CONGRATULATIONS... - John on Aug 13, 2010, 7:33 AM
- My 2 cents - Michael Morrill on Aug 13, 2010, 3:23 PM