| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

Morgan Silver Dollar coin watch

August 24 2010 at 10:44 PM
No score for this post
RonD. 
from IP address 96.245.95.159

And now for something completely different...

Thought I would show this one since Mike asked to see it:

[linked image]

I picked this up at a flea market for $3. The crystal was missing and it had no hands. The movement was also shot. These are carved out of an actual coin, with silver lugs soldered on the underside. There is also a stainless steel back that houses the movement. The problem with these is that if you take the back off, and the movement stays with the back, the hands will pop off. They really are a pain.

I have a shoe box with around 300 different type of ladies movements. I quickly found a replacement movement. Finding hands was harder but eventually I staked a pair to fit. The crystal was 36mm in diameter and very difficult to find, but a friend baled me out with that too. The end result is nice. It runs a little fast, but I am afraid to take the back off because then the hands will fall off and I will have to remove the crystal that I glued on. I can live with it running fast the one or two days a year I wear it.

Cheers,
Ron

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter