Latest addition to my character watch collectionSeptember 22 2010 at 8:58 PM
No score for this post
from IP address 184.108.40.206
HI-YO Silver!!! This is a New Haven Lone Ranger from around 1937. Been looking for one of these for a while. I got this at the NAWCC show on Sunday. The crystal is yellowed so if anyone has one for this (it is 28mm x22mm)....
Not many parts to these. I actually needed to swap this movement out with another one. After I cleaned the movement and put it together, it ran but the hands would not move. The center wheel had a cracked gear. Since that part is all pressure-fitted together, I needed to swap out the entire movement (parts watches saved the day again)!
Wore it to work today, got some nice comments..
- VERY COOL watch, Ron! What a great piece of horological history! (nt) - EdH on Sep 22, 2010, 9:21 PM
- I kind of like it just... - technoguy on Sep 22, 2010, 10:41 PM
- that rocks - David on Sep 23, 2010, 12:29 AM
- Very nice - Ian on Sep 23, 2010, 2:00 AM
- Superb Ron, reminds me of my childhood (6-7),... - Richard on Sep 23, 2010, 2:29 AM
- Aaa...great watch..."Ron Rogers!" ;-) (nt) - Norm on Sep 23, 2010, 3:30 AM
- Did They Ever Make A Tonto Watch, Kemo Sabe? - Dorsey H. on Sep 23, 2010, 5:34 AM
- Catalog of watches - JerseyMo on Sep 23, 2010, 9:18 AM
- Lone Ranger & Tonto, snippet........ - Richard on Sep 23, 2010, 9:48 AM