| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

about the crown..

December 26 2010 at 2:16 PM
No score for this post
RonD. 
from IP address 96.245.95.159

Response to Two Very Nice Watches, David & Norm ----Note for Ron

Yes Dorsey, we had a discussion about it a while back. I know the Dorado has the crown, and I was looking for a nicer dial for my watch, so I wondered if any other watches had it. What I came up with was that the 14k Dorado's had it, and the two 10K RGP electrics had it.. see pics below.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

So my thought was that the solid gold Timex didn't have date windows, and the gold plated ones did. I still haven't found another dial that has the crown.

I know that David says his is rolled gold, but someone here has that case shape without it being gold plated. In fact I also had one of the black dial watches that was not gold plated. I wonder if the non-plated ones had the exact same dial? Does anyone have that black dial electric without the crown?

Ron

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter