| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

Need help Identifying parts....

January 30 2011 at 9:26 AM
No score for this post
George S 
from IP address 24.3.146.15

Some time ago I acquired a large collection (over 300 different types) of minute and hour hands that were neatly packaged in Timex envelopes labeled with a parts code. Unfortunately, I did not get the index that correlates these parts to a particular model, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this. The codes consist of a three digit number followed by a six digit number, as in abc-efgxyz. For the minute hands, the abc codes go from 025 to 262, the efg code is always 030, the x is always 7, and yz varies, for example 025-030705. For the hour hands, the abc codes go from 022 to 262, the efg code is always 330, the x is usually 4 (and sometimes 5), and yz varies, for example 023-330433. Note, that these part numbers do not follow the familiar Timex material identification system that accompanies the blue compartment boxes. Also, since these parts are packaged in paper envelopes that are stapled closed, it will be very tedious to locate a particular part by visual comparison. I will greatly appreciate any insight into this problem anyone can offer.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter