| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

Tammy, keep in mind...

February 2 2011 at 9:43 PM
No score for this post
RonD. 
from IP address 96.245.95.159

Response to LOL

When most of us work on these, we don't take the movements apart... just remove the dial and hands, and clean the movement as one piece. Not many folks will disassemble a Timex.

In many cases, if you can remove the watch from the case, you can oil enough of the pivots to get the watch running without taking the dial and hands off. I would suggest doing that first as a beginner. You'll get the hang of it.

I also have a product called "Dip-away". It is primarily used for degreasing hairsprings, but I will often pour a small amount in a tiny tin, and use a small paint brush to dab over the pivots to get the gunk to loosen up before oiling the pivots. This is not a substitute for cleaning a movement, but if I am only oiling a movement, I like to get the pivots clean first.

Cheers,
Ron

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter