| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

I Finally Managed it!

June 10 2011 at 6:53 PM
No score for this post

Ian 
from IP address 86.17.19.181

I've always had mixed success with cleaning Timex movements in lighter fluid. Some just never seem to want to go, even after repeated baths using my ultrasonic cleaner. The latest one I had used a 24 movement. I got it going but it only ran briefly. I stripped it back again and cleaned and relubed and it ran constantly but this time gaining over an hour a day...no use to anyone.

So tonight, I stripped it back and took the plates apart. Something I'd never managed to do and get it back together successfully before. But tonight, I finally managed to get it back together and it's running beautifully.

I cleaned all the individual parts before reassembly and I've never seen one run so smoothly. I only took a few pics, as I was concentrating so much, I forgot! I extracted a flake of dirt and a hair that I guess were stopping it running properly.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
and back together. It is running honest!

Ian

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter