| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

people who stop watches

June 24 2011 at 7:03 AM
No score for this post

from IP address 90.28.168.9

this question is a result of techno guy's philosophical comments. i recently came across two friends who discombobulated or actually stopped good jeweled movements that had been running very well: an avia and a junghans. one took a day and one took 15 minutes, my neice at my house in the living room during a calm conversation. i did the experiences after they told me they'd never found a mechanical that survived on their wrists. the mechanic friend who took a full day to stop the junghans is now happily wearing a '80 timex 24 movement that i serviced and intended to merely lend him for the experiment, but he was so pleased and surprised that when he and his wife thanked me for the watch it was so funny i let it go. still going strong after four months. no luck with my neice. any watch i put on her stops or begins running very erratically within half an hour. she's an engineer in microbiology and has settled for a quartz. no problems there.
question: anyone else have personal knowledge of this happening? and anyone have any thoughts on the subject?
i've got a couple ideas, but i'd like to hear from others. thanks, tim
[linked image]
the model 24 workhorse

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter