| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

Several decades ago...

June 24 2011 at 5:13 PM
No score for this post
technoguy 
from IP address 65.55.67.172

Response to peolpe sho stare at watches

I was doing alot of research on paranormal phenomena and came across an interesting story involving the Israeli born psychic Uri Geller.

One day when he was a kid in school he was wearing his first wristwatch and could not stop looking at it every few minutes.

All of a sudden, something REALLY strange happened. He noticed that the hands on the watch began to literally bend and then actually curl up under its crystal!

He soon discovered that he could make the hands on other watches and clocks do the same thing. Eventually, he found that by merely stroking a long thin piece of metal with his fingers, such as the shaft of a spoon or a key, he could make the metal bend. One time he even tried this with a parking sign's metal pole and it too began to bend!

He used to do televised demonstrations in which he would have audience members bring him "broken" watches up on the stage. He would then pick them up one at a time and, incredibly, they would begin to run again.

I believe that, by causing certain internal parts of their movements to bend and curl a bit, he was able to literally repair the watches without having to even open them up! For example, maybe the tooth on the click of an overwound movement would temporarily bend out of the way so that the mainspring's excess tension could be relieved to again allow the watch to run. Or, he was actually able to alter the shape of the microscopic metallic grit particles in gear train so that they could be pushed out from between the gear teeth to again allow the train to move freely and the watch to resume running.

This and other bizarre "Geller Effects" are, I believe, definitely of a paranormal nature. Hopefully, one day we will be able to artifically create them and base technology on them.

technoguy

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter