| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

To get a more realistic...

July 31 2011 at 2:55 PM
No score for this post
technoguy 
from IP address 4.186.24.191

Response to There's Statistics - -

view of how a website is doing in terms of attracting new eyeballs (and potentially new actively posting members), one really needs to have a count of the "unique" visits to a website's homepage rather than just a grand total of the times individual pages are downloaded. To make it even more accurate, the number of unique visits shoud be made on a monthly basis rather than a daily basis. When this is done, a site's impressive tens of thousands of hits per month will sometimes drop to less than a hundred per month!

I'm still having to wait over 24 hours before I see any posts I make show up or am able to read anybody else's posts. This is the ONLY forum I'm having this problem on and I can only assume that it is due to the DOS attacks you refer to. Yep...I'd have to say I'm experiencing a 'denial of service" as a result of Network54's attempts to fend off these attacks and it is definitely putting a dent in the rate at which I make postings.

technoguy

PS This post is being made on Sunday, July 31st at 3:57 pm EDST. I'm curious to see when it will actually appear!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter