| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

Now it's MY turn!...

December 20 2011 at 12:13 AM
No score for this post
technoguy 
from IP address 65.55.67.199

All week I've been peeking out the window and noticing UPS and FedEx trucks driving up and down our street. Then it dawned on me. They were delivering CHRISTMAS gifts to everybody else EXCEPT ME!

I felt like a kid who inadvertently got his name on Santa's "Naughty" list and, consequently, was not going to get his toy for Christmas. I HAD to get one of those trucks to drop off a gift for me too.

Since I HATE shopping in stores this time of year, that meant it was time to go online for a gift for myself. What to get? A NEW watch, of course!

For years I've been admiring the style and ultra thin / light weight construction of the Skagen watches. They are made in Denmark, but use Japanese quartz movements. The company was started by two brothers in 1987, IIRC.

I had heard "mixed" reviews about their watches. Some people said they were junk while others said they have never received so many compliments on a watch before! I had delayed purchasing one in the past because I read that they had ALOT of issues with their crystals being too thin and weak...actually being shattered right out of the box or upon being left to sit in a drawer over night!

Well, in the last few years they have replaced their former flimsy crystals with ones made from a new super hard mineral material and various other issues have also been resolved. So, I decided to visit Amazon.com and, after looking through their ENTIRE inventory of men's Skagen watches, to order the one shown below.

This will be the FIRST titanium watch that I have ever owned and it has a unique "Expresso Brown" dial and case (which oddly looks almost black in the image, though). The mesh bracelet is black. The hands and numerals are white and luminous (the numeral font reminds me of something I saw on a Timex decades ago!). If anybody else is interested, its Model #SK233XL TMD and its selling for $79.60 USD over at Amazon.com (which is about 40% off of retail). Best of all, it qualifies for FREE Shipping and they are quaranteeing delivery on or before 12/24...just in time for Christmas.

Now one of those trucks will be stopping in front of MY house this week!

technoguy

Skagen_Mens_SK233XLTMD_Titanium_Brown_Espresso.jpg

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter