| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

Re: movement

February 28 2012 at 9:45 PM
No score for this post
George S 
from IP address 65.17.26.66

Response to movement

When you ask about a replacement movement, do you mean the complete innards including the dial?We usually refer to the movement as excluding the dial. I agree with Mel that the dial does not look (economically) repairable and it would certainly be easier to replace both dial and movement. From the dial numbers it looks like a #56 movement that I am not familiar with because I generally don't buy Quartz models, but someone here may have one as either a NOS replacement or in a donor watch.

Since this is a graduation gift I assume it has sentimental value. Assuming you can get replacement parts, your would have to decide whether it was still the watch you received as a gift if you replaced the dial and movement. (It's like the original ax that Abe Lincoln used to build his log cabin. The exact same ax but the handle was replaced three times and the head twice.)

Your best bet for replacement of the dial and movement would be eBay and you may have to look at thousands of listings before you find an exact match. You can also post a pic on the Sales and Trade page as a wanted to buy, and remind us periodically. A lot of us buy big lots and we may just run across what you need if we are aware of your needs.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter