| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

1957 Marlin Demonstrator - Extra nice

March 3 2012 at 1:03 PM
No score for this post
JerseyMo 
from IP address 74.105.136.22

Just arrived and I'm quite happy with the condition of this 1957 Demonstrator Marlin. Only thing I've done so far is to clean and polish it up. Will test the timekeeping over the weekend. One interesting thing about this one is the brass movement ring. I find most of this era have a plastic movement ring. Well here it is for its first showing!

For those members new or not familiar with the demonstrator it was part of an in store display. The display was basically a water tank that would dunk the watch to show that they were water proof etc.... As of now I do not know of a dispaly that still exists but, recently a demo was found with the orignial "dunk strap".

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

happy.gif

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter