| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

A little tech help (Help!)

May 15 2012 at 7:22 PM
No score for this post

from IP address 207.172.10.203

I am working (and have been for a month, on and off, have also thrown too much money at this) a Timex Q Mystery dial. I tried swapping movements, but the day/date setup took me awhile to get the hang of, and now I have that working, but would be loathe to remove the dial again as I have bent the tabs too many times. Now I have it to the point of putting the balance bridge and balance back in, when I am checking the alignment, the contact spring seems too high (contacting the pin very near the top instead of where the wear pattern seems to be) and while I mention the contact spring seems to be held in some type of soft (too soft) blue gel in the plastic. Is there a trick to getting the impulse pin in the fork? Then lining up the contact spring? In all of the pictures of the 50 movement (the one the Q is based on) there is a contact jewel behind the contact pin (have not seen one on the 4 I have) All I need to do is put the balance and bridge back together, replace the circuit board and fire it up, this just seems to be more difficult than it should be! (then again, those day and date wheels were no fun wither, you think they might have pit a slot in the dial rest to assist in alignment!) Any tips? I am working under a
10.5-45 power stereo microscope, this has been a godsend for figuring some of this out!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter