| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

Westclox Wristwatch

May 18 2012 at 1:43 PM
No score for this post

from IP address 98.101.80.192

Hello,
It's been about a year since I last posted here. Hope all is going well with everybody...I have an interesting Canadian made Westclox wristwatch that I've been working on. It was a run / stop / run deal that I figured would be an easy clean and lubricate situation. I disasembled the entire movement, cleaned ultrasonically and in lighter fluid. Lubricated with watch oil and re-asembled. Wore it lastnight, this morning, kept great time! Got to work and it crapped out on me...Put it on my desk and it's going strong again. I know it's just a $ watch, and that this is nothing new with these. I checked the balance and hair spring. Shape looks good, nothing hitting, lubricated the balance points, etc...what should I check next?
Could the cups (don't know the right term) that hold the balance staff ends be causing too much drag? Could an aging mainspring not have enough tork to drive this jeweless movement? I thought it was a positional error at first, but I can't find anything that's hitting or dragging on this single plate (bridge) movement.
Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions before I stash it in the parts drawer...which I hate to do.
Thanks,
Tom

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter