| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

TIMEX 400 17 - Hattori Restoration

May 28 2012 at 12:40 PM
No score for this post

from IP address 82.133.124.61

Hi Dorsey H,

Read your comments regarding this project. I'd have the whole watch fully restored and running in about 3 hours.

You never oil teeth on a watch as this actually causes stick and friction and will stop the watch pronto.

Likewise you only ever apply oil to the balance staff under the cap ends as any oil outside these runs down the staff and gets on the spring, causing coils to stick and so accelerates time keeping. Therefore the Incabloc shock sprngs need to come off and cap end jewels removed.

The only way with this watch is a full stripdown, clean, overhaul and oil. It's a standard 17 j bridged movement and no amount of oiling, blowing, winding etc will get it going without a proper service.

If you feel safe sending it to the UK send it to me and I'll overhaul it for you.

Regards

Greg

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter