| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

WTB: Part for Expedition Adventurer #48071

June 22 2012 at 10:34 AM
No score for this post

from IP address 216.183.143.70

I was quite excited to find this forum seeing how I have several timex watches. One of my favorites is a Timex Expedition Adventurer model 48071. It is a nice heavy analog with a grey face and 3 subdials. Originally when this watch was new I wore it exclusively until its movement started to fail resulting in it draining the battery very rapidly. I sent it to Timex repair Canada (this was about 2 years ago) and was thrilled to get it back looking like a new watch happy.gif It still looks immaculate. The problem is, shortly after I started wearing it again While at work I bumped it on the latch plate of a door jam sad.gif It wasn't until later that I noticed the stem/button at the 2 o'clock position had been ripped right out of the case. So this caused the alarm to go off twice every day. I have used the crown to turn it off so its quiet and sent it back to Timex a second time. I guess I should have sent it sooner, but I had got comfortable with the replacement that I had bought to cover the first time it was being repaired. So I am now disappointed to find out that my watch is too old for Timex to stock parts on any more. They have returned it to me; still in its state of disrepair. I would love to know if any of your forum members would have this part for sale or even a complete non-working same model watch that I could buy to have as a parts watch (I live in Canada and am willing to buy from Canada and USA). I look forward to hearing any responses.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Welcome - - - Mel on the laptopamabobthingy on Jun 22, 2012, 3:00 PM
  •  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter