| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

need help with date of old new arrival

July 3 2012 at 5:18 AM
No score for this post
lbnf 
from IP address 90.41.146.150

[linked image]
[linked image]

just got this one last week, and been wearin' it ever since. i splurged more than i usually do: $10. i'm paying for my mistakes. i tried cleaning one of these dials with alcohol and wiped away the printed letters below center and the minute markers between the 5 and 7 as well as the laquer finish. it's not noticeable when worn, but just kept eating away at me, so i decided to atone for my sins, bought this and got lucky! great case and crown, perfect hands and dial (that has gone slightly champagne color), my favorite monroe dial with silver markers, and a real bonus. i set it to the atomic clock as best i could without a seconds hand (easily within 20 to 30 seconds i think), and the very clean movement is not yet a minute off five days later. i did have to change the crystal, but the $10 included shipping. as for the date the back is stamped 9x and it has a 21 movement made in scotland. my catalogue only goes back to '61, and i couldn't find it in there. did they make monroes before that date? can anyone help, please? thanks, tim

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter