| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

shock resistance

July 26 2012 at 12:23 PM
No score for this post

from IP address 86.193.80.107

techno's comments on shock resistance reminded me of a question that's been lurking in the dark depths of my little brain for a while. zenith put out a tourbillon a year or two ago with supports to keep the escape mechanism constantly in a horizontal position exactly like a ship's compass. the watch can be seen by clicking onto zenith christopher columbus watch. the balance and more are in a bubble that makes the crystal stick out and even on the back. it is obviously a feat of engineering and the watch is quite striking. my question is how resistant to shock can it be? ignoring the price and that it won't be worn at work while sweating over a jackhammer, is shock resistance even an issue when the goal is accomplishing this kind of complication? just wondering. tim

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter