| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
 Return to Forum  

problem with timex 400 17j

August 7 2012 at 11:30 AM
No score for this post
lbnf 
from IP address 83.201.129.136

in trying to make one good one out of two (one running and the other trying to) i found the same two problems with each one. the feet are broken off the dials, and the part that holds down the stem locking arm and the lever that moves the clutch are broken on both watches. it looks like the arm broken off probably extended over the lever where it fits into the clutch and may have connected to the stem locking arm, whereas the wide part sits over the lever where it pivots and also holds down the spring of the lever. the questions are: (1) are these typical problems with the 17j movement,(2) can anyone tell me the real names of these parts, and (3) are replacement parts hard to come by? i haven't seen many just for parts or for reasonable non-running prices. opinions and info greatly appreciated. thanks, tim

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter