| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
Respond to this messageReturn to Forum
Original Message
  • Re: warning: clock content not watch
    • Bill D
      Posted Jul 18, 2009 5:32 PM

Well , I had also thought I'd like to do one of these for a while so I googled and found a few different ones and decided on this one from wooden-gear-clocks.com . They are not cheap but the quality is outstanding. All the parts are laser cut on 5 ply baltic plywood sheets. the instruction book is very clear and well illustrated. I didn't keep track of the time as i didn't work on it un interupted. Most of the work involves sanding and if you decide on paints, then the time to do the details. In any case the basics don't take long at all.
      I've got it now where it is off about a minute in 3 hours. For watches that would be shocking, but if any of you have experiance with pendulum clocks you know that that is just a matter of keeping adjusting the bob. It is actually a very quiet running clock unlike it's brass geared brethren.

Bill D
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)