| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
Respond to this messageReturn to Forum
Original Message
  • Re: 1972 Timex Skindiver
    • Anonymous
      Posted Jul 29, 2009 10:55 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

The bezel ring is in good condition externally, but is loose and will pop off with very little pressure (there are a couple of pieces broken off on the underside). I picked it up for 20 off eBay as I really liked the look of it. I didn't expect it to be so small to be honest, but I still like it. A local repair man said he'd charge 35 to service it and polish the crystal. He suggested gluing the ring in place, although he said he'd leave that for me to do... I have looked around a few watch shops here (Edinburgh), but am struggling to find 16mm stainless steel straps (the 'flip/clasp' kind, like a Rolex). I might go for a canvas strap though...

Mark
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
    Web Site Hit Counter