| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
Respond to this messageReturn to Forum
Original Message
  • Nice museum...
    • technoguy
      Posted Apr 28, 2010 11:48 PM

I love colonial and 19th century buildings. We have many of these historical structures scattered throughout NJ and I've probably visited the majority of them so far. Many are museums and have all sorts of interesting items on display.

I notice that the Clock and Watch Museum has some clocks that date from 1680 (mechanical devices from the mid 16th to mid 17th century are of particular interest to me) and I would love to see them, but, unfortunately, they don't have any images on these on their website...guess they want you to physically visit the museum. But, it would be really cool if they could put close up photos of all of their timepieces on the web.

Your display really looks nice and I was surprised to read that those rotary long wind watches were the FIRST ever to use gears that were stamped out of sheets of brass. That is certainly a lot easier than having to use cutting engines to form the teeth into a brass disc one tooth at a time. I can see how the Waterbury Clock Company laid the groundwork for the low cost mass production of movements that would later be embraced by Timex.

technoguy

Here's the museum's main building:

feddd_Mvc-001f.jpg

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
    Web Site Hit Counter