| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
Respond to this messageReturn to Forum
Original Message
  • The last time...
    • technoguy
      Posted May 14, 2011 1:55 PM

I removed the rotating bezel from a watch similar to yours, I used a kitchen knife with a sharp edge and the handle of a screw driver as a mallet. I placed the case, 9 o'clock side down, against a table top and then carefully inserted the edge of the knife blade into the seam between the bezel and the case near the 3 o'clock position. Several taps of the top edge of the knife blade with the screw driver's handle made the bezel pop off of the case. Any scratching of the case that might occur will be hidden when the bezel is reinstalled later.

These bezels, regardless of whether or not they are unidirectional, are held in place by a sort of tension spring that expands under a circular ridge to hold the bezel to the case. The tension spring is designed to compress just enough to allow the bezel to pop off of the case when a wedge is driven into the seam between the bezel and the case.

To reinstall the bezel back onto the case, simply press it into place by squeezing down on opposite sides of it with your thumbs.

Generally, you do not need special tools to removing and replace rotating bezels.

technoguy
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)