| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

The "B-29" landed in time for Christmas>>>>>>>

December 24 2009 at 5:45 PM
No score for this post
EdH 
from IP address 74.227.98.228

My newest "Grail" Timex arrived today. It's the Timex B-29 Chronograph, produced in August 1993. This was another "Grail" on my target list. I had posted seller's pix earlier, but here are some fresh pix out of my camera. The strap that came on the watch was "shot", so I selected the one you see in the pix from my "Strap Closet",
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

I'm wearing it as we speak and checking for accuracy. All functions are working correctly.

Thanks for looking and:

MERRY CHRISTMAS, happy.gif

Ed

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John

Great looking ...

No score for this post
December 24 2009, 7:56 PM 

watch. I do not see any paint chips. Are the 'pushers' all for the digital functions? The strap you selected really is the correct one IMHO. It appears the you cut the strap to fit the lugs. If that is the case I would be interested to know how you do that and what tool you use. I expect others, like James T. who posted on 11-23 that he was having a difficult time sizing a strap for his watch, would also like information on this 'old-timers' way of fitting a strap.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS.

EdH

Thanks for the kind words, John! As to the strap>>>>>

No score for this post
December 24 2009, 8:57 PM 

I did NOT cut it to fit. That is the way the strap was made from the factory. It's a 20mm strap and notched so the strap edge at the lug extends over in front of the lug tip. Actually it's a Timex replacement strap I purchased a last year. I have used it on another watch for a while, and then replaced it with another strap. So this one went back into the "Strap Closet".

Regarding the pushers, yes, they are for controlling the digital display; setting time; setting alarm; setting the date; and the chrono feature.

Now, I have had to trip a 20mm strap to fit on one of my vintage Timex's which has a 19mm lug width. What I use is an Xacto hobby knife. It has a "pencil like" handle and a triangular blade that is VERY shart. Just move SLOW and EASY when trimming so the cut is clean and neat and you don't cut too much.

Hope this helps. Thanks for looking!

Cheers, happy.gif

Ed

B-29 watch

No score for this post
July 5 2013, 9:21 AM 

My wife bought me a B-29 model Timex watch 20 years ago for my birthday. I picked it out and she bought it for me. I have used and loved this watch. It was completely worn out, but the works were still good. I contacted Timex and they put me in touch with a retired Timex watch repair man. He told me about the model (which I knew nothing about) and I sent it to him and he just happened to have a new case. He took my parts and placed them in the new case and now I have a "new" B-29 Timex. What are the chances that that would happen? Thanks for your display and forum. I am finding out about my watch, things
I did not know.

technoguy

Is that...

No score for this post
December 25 2009, 6:29 AM 

outer compass bezel just for decoration or can it be used to tell which way North is?

Nice watch...I like the "multi-layer" dial.

technoguy

EdH

Merry Christmas, TG! Yes, the bezel is a working bezel. (more)

No score for this post
December 25 2009, 7:57 AM 

it rotates counter-clockwise and can be used.

Thanks for the kind words and for looking.

Cheers, happy.gif

Ed

RonD.

Great looking watch Ed!

No score for this post
December 25 2009, 11:27 AM 

I never saw that one before. How did you find out about that model?

It's interesting to see posts on this forum on grail watches that turn out to be vintage "quartz" Timex(this one and the Ironman one from yesterday). I guess we are getting to the point where a quartz watch may be 20 years old, and definitely qualify as vintage. happy.gif

Good stuff!
Ron

EdH

Dorsey and i were conversing on the phone and >>>>>

No score for this post
December 25 2009, 3:43 PM 

he mentioned the B-29 model and described it to me. After I saw a picture of one, I knew I had to add it to my collection. They are hard to find like the Southampton's, Zulu's and the 600 ft divers.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers, happy.gif

Ed

Nice Ed.

No score for this post
December 25 2009, 7:05 PM 

That B-29 turned out to be even BETTER than we had anticipated. I'm so happy you've acquired that hard-to-find one to add to your collection.

Dorsey H.

Current Topic - The "B-29" landed in time for Christmas>>>>>>>
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter