| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Military trent?

February 26 2010 at 2:56 PM
No score for this post
Norm 
from IP address 195.241.134.217

Perhpas someone can explain to me why there is such a run on the military
watches from Timex. Its great ofcourse wink.gif but where does the madness come from?

I mean.. The Timex owners in the UK are doing good business dies days on ebay it seems..
Would love to get my hands on one of those but the old versions go over for $80 or more..
The new version btw is nice too and seems it does well too in sales. Something going
on in Watch land? or is it a fasion trent?...Time warp? who knows wink.gif

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
technoguy

Maybe...

No score for this post
February 26 2010, 4:15 PM 

now the levels of tension are rising in the world over various issues (terrorism, nuclear proliferation, economic collapse, etc.), people are adopting a new millitaristic / survivorist philosphy. They want watches and other items that express this new philosophy.

Watches must, therefore, look like they can perform and survive on a battlefield and have heavy construction with dark colors and luminous dials for easy reading at night. I'm even seeing watches (think Android makes one) that look like GUNS. The dials have aiming recticles on them and the bracelets actually have links that look like the cartridges on a machine gun ammo belt!

technoguy

technoguy

If anybody is interested in the...

No score for this post
February 27 2010, 1:53 PM 

Dorsey H.

I Think ALL Military Watches are in Big Demand

No score for this post
February 26 2010, 7:20 PM 

I've noticed that there's great interest and increasing prices paid for ALL military watches nomatter the brand/manufacturer. The prices realized for the modern Timex "military-style" watches are quite a bargain when you see what people are paying for the higher end brand military style watches. I say "military style" because the only true military watch is one with a pedigree that indicates it was manufactured under a government contract with specifications that are often stamped into the back of the watch. I think Technoguy is correct in saying that we (at least here in the U.S.) live in a military-oriented culture where there's hardly a family that doesn't have someone who is currently serving or has served in the past in some branch of the military. As a veteran of the U.S. Army I sense a total turn-a-round from the anti-military attitude days of the Vietnam War era. It's not at all uncommon to see civilians who are strangers walk up to uniformed military personnel and thank them for serving. I guess owning a military-style watch is just another phase of that total turn-a-round in public attitudes. By the way, a few months ago I sold a Timex True Military Watch which is indeed a rarity for a three figure dollar amount. I only with I had a dozen more of them.

Dorsey H.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter