| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Dr Ranfft marveling at the Timex 32 auto

November 26 2010 at 11:58 AM
No score for this post
bjohnson 
from IP address 66.11.164.106

I thought you guys would like to read of the respect that Ranfft has for the Timex 32 automatic movement.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/timex-47672_3273-a-474614-post3494363.html#post3494363

See post #10 where he says
"Despite the poor finish, this is one of the most sophisticated automatic designs, and many highest grade movements look pretty poor in comparison. And therefore it should not miss in any collection of automatics."

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Paul

Here's mine

No score for this post
November 26 2010, 12:51 PM 

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Runs great!!

Norm

Thanks for the reminder ;-) n.t.

No score for this post
November 26 2010, 3:07 PM 

JerseyMo

32 Auto - Minute Wheel Repair

No score for this post
November 27 2010, 10:33 AM 

Seeing this post reminded me that one of my project watches was a 32 Auto. having disassembled it a weeks back I could not recall what the issue was. So I gave it a soak and rinse in the ultrasonic. It started right up and I began to put it all back together.
Once I had the dial in place I tested that the date wheel would advance. Ah but, it would not and then I recalled what the issue was. This movement had a bad minute wheel. So to the scrap heap I went and removed one from a #25 with a pulled hairspring.
Here it is and its been running for some 12 hours now. Only have to put it in the case and install the rotor.

Notice in the lower right is the orginal minute wheel. You can see that a few teeth have worn down. Next to it is a good wheel for reference.

[linked image]

MDC

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter