| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Show Me the Money

December 19 2010 at 11:56 AM
No score for this post
Barry 
from IP address 68.194.212.101

Check out this ebay auction:

What is the justification of the price? Is there anything special about the year and model?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Ian

Re: Show Me the Money

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 12:03 PM 

Nothing special in my book.

It looks to be in nice condition and by the looks of the seller he's a business rather than a private seller. factor in the BIN price and he's probably just trying for a good profit. He will accept an offer, so it's classic negoitating. Start high and concede a little to make the buyer think he's done well.

I predict that this will not sell at this price but then will be relisted next time at a slightly lower price.

I'm often wrong though and all it takes is one person to want it bad enough!

Ian

He had another

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 12:21 PM 

He had an easy reader he was advertising for too much money too, listed it as 21 jewels, then in the text it said 15 jewels..I couldn't let that go by, I wrote and told him that the closest that came to jewels is if he was wearing some. I added that he might want to change the description if he did not want some bad feedback if the buyer found out..as for the price..well P.T. Barnum had a thought..and I think he will get tired of re-listing it sooner or later..he has had 4 offers, I imagine somewhere around the 20 dollar mark?

As long as you can re-list - -

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 12:32 PM 

- - for no money, what have you got to lose? Some of these guys have pieces they re-cycle with regularity hoping they'll hit a spot with one sometime. If they do, it's a winner. Sometimes I wonder if these are the same folks who start something a bit too low, and then "break it whilst packing" so can't send it out to you as a winning bidder ~ ~ but re-list a couple of weeks later with a higher start. Letting things find their own level is another thing dying on flebby! happy.gif

e~gards

Mel

Frae Edinburgh, Bonnie Scotland

http://www.timekeepers.me.uk
Affordable and Everyday Watches

http://www.sequencedance-online.co.uk
My other hobby - Sequence Dancing

Michael Morrill

Rules?

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 7:47 PM 

What about reporting them to the bay? I won a Citizen 3800 quartz with looks like 2 diamonds for around 35 quid..won this on the 23rd of Nov..havent seen it yet..I sent the guy a message, informing I hadnt recieved it yet, and he said it was a beautiful watch, would be a shame if it got lost..well, in 20 years fo sending things to and fro the UK, not one has been lost, so I had better get it..and if it gets reposted I will have my son go pick it up! On to other goodies..just won this on you know where..about 10 more than I wanted to spend, but worth it!
[linked image]

Paul

Illusion

No score for this post
December 20 2010, 10:11 AM 

Nice Illusion Mike!! Cheers Paul

Michael Morrill

Thanks Paul..a weakness!

No score for this post
December 20 2010, 11:01 AM 

I have a thing for these, this is my 3rd..one silver, one gold, and one mixed...think I'm done now! When these came out I thought it was the coolest watch I had ever seen (besides the days of the red led, I remember sitting in the back of a school bus coming back from a play in New Hope, PA pressing the button constantly!) I bought one immediately! I had it for years, and through a few straps, then in between moving to and fro the UK a few times managed to lose it..Got one from Mo a year ago and love it! Goes into rotation pretty often.

Bill D

Re: Show Me the Money

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 1:19 PM 

It'a 1976 Mercury missing the seconds hand and the "pristine" case has a deep scar on the upper right lug. Maybe thats why it's special. happy.gif

Bill D

Ian

I hadn't noticed the missing hand!

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 6:55 PM 

Could mean anything from a movement swap to a complete parts watch.

JerseyMo

re listed more then once

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 3:11 PM 

I have send an email tiwce to the seller stating the erros in the listing. They have not replied. My conclusion...buyer beware, this guy is not on the level!

MDC

Current Topic - Show Me the Money
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter