| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Why I love this hobby so much.

December 20 2010 at 5:28 PM
No score for this post

TNT 
from IP address 72.89.90.46

So, I posted about a Timex chrono, and what do I get in the mail a few days later?
The parts I was missing for the watch!
This is not the first time that Bill D. has helped me out. But it's people like him and the friends I make that make this hobby so much more enjoyable.

So, a BIG THANKS to Bill D!!!!!

I was able to fix up the watch and with a little finagling with the reset lever, it's been running like a champ (although a bit fast but I haven't regulated it). I usually like to use as many original parts as possible, but I ended up replacing the crystal because I was concerned about radiation. I put it on a leather strap with white stitching. So the thing I didn't know about this watch before getting it to work is that you can't tell what the "true" seconds are. In other words, you have no idea what the seconds are that the hour and minuted hand is working off of. You can have the second hand going, but it doesn't display the "true" time. Not bothersome, but something I found interesting.

[linked image]

This photo was taken with UV so that you can see how brightly the lume glows. Unfortunately, it no longer glows in the dark

[linked image]

P.S. Norm, I need your address so that I can send you the spring.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
RonD.

Looks great

No score for this post
December 20 2010, 7:05 PM 

You did a great job on that one... too bad about the dial burn. I have on occasion cleaned the lume out of hands like that and re-lumed them with stuff that is not "hot".

Ron

TNT

The hands and Dial markings are "hot" are they not? Also...

No score for this post
December 20 2010, 9:34 PM 

I would be afraid that removing them might aerosolize the particles.

Michael Morrill

WOW

No score for this post
December 20 2010, 9:35 PM 

Beautiful job...hope I find one myself perhaps at birthday time! I love the lume shot, and its funny how the lume on the hands must be different..no longer an issue I would say. Spectacular watch, I'm jealous!

Norm

Great result !!

No score for this post
December 21 2010, 1:23 PM 

That is fantastic... what a nice end result... great job!..that watch looks great...also in the blacklight (nice indeed, forgot all about that trick.. wink.gif)
Thanks for the spring offer..very much appriciate the gesture..though I do have it..but Im desperate in need for a matching stem and crown though wink.gif
..Ill keep on seeking...Or if you have a spare..let me know wink.gif

TNT

Sorry, Bill only sent me one. ;) Thanks for the compliments!

No score for this post
December 21 2010, 2:56 PM 

Current Topic - Why I love this hobby so much.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter