| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Finally found a TV shaped crystal! Non Timex

December 23 2010 at 11:19 AM
No score for this post

Ian 
from IP address 2.123.112.194

After a lot of searching, I finally found a TV shaped crystal for this Smiths automatic watch I picked up a while back. I'd seen a couple of these and was outbid on one previously. This one was cheap as it had a crack right across the crystal They are obsolete, but I figured I'd sort something out.

I could find nothing suitable on any of the replacement crystal websites. After buying 2 other watches as potential donors which turned out to 'so nearly but not quite enough' fit, I struck lucky with a punt on a Lucerne with no back and a knackered balance. Got it for 99p, no other bidders.

It's a great snug fit and polished up well.

I really like this watch, big solid stainless case, stacked day/date at the bottom and a 5 o'clock crown. Keeping great time. Currently my only working auto.

Sorry for the quality of the hasty picture. Last minute Christmas stuff to do!

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Merry Christmas to all when it comes

Ian

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Norm

Very Very Nice!

No score for this post
December 23 2010, 11:32 AM 

Thats a nice looking watch.. great case shape and that Day/date at 6..very nice..and what a luck on the crystal...great work!
..Unfortunalty the only Smiths I have is on my Royal Enfield bike which gives me the mileage wink.gif

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Finally found a TV shaped crystal! Non Timex
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter