| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Timex C cell battery

February 28 2011 at 1:37 PM
No score for this post
Jill Thompson 
from IP address 75.225.248.184

I found a nice woman's Timex watch with square face, metal mesh band, assuming it is somewhat vintage due to the battery. It is visible on the back, looks like it pops off, and says "Timex C Cell". My question is whether it is possible to find this battery or one that will make this watch run again?

I have another thrift store Timex purchase that I LOVE, an Indiglo. Paid a few dollars for a bag of junk jewelry and it was in there, not running. Replaced the battery and it's been good to go ever since. I keep replacing the bands.Love it because it's so handy to check the time at night(very near-sighted). I have trouble with watches not running after I wear them awhile, but not this Timex. Was hoping if I could get this other watch going, it would be a good dress watch.

Hope this is the correct place to ask this question.

Thanks!
Jill

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JerseyMo

C Cell = #393

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 1:53 PM 

Hi Jill: You can use a #393 as a replacement for the Timex C Cell. Also, there should be an alpha numeric value on the case back too. For example 58 or C8. This value will tell us what year and month the watch is from.

And of course a photo goes a long way as well.

Good luck with your Timex Watches.

MDC

Jill Thompson

pics of watch

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 2:23 PM 

[linked image] [linked image]

EdH

WELCOME to the TIMEX Forum, Jill! The EXACT replacement for a "C" cell is a 323! (more)

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 2:23 PM 

That's what my Battery House Cross Reference chart indicates. And I've never had a problem with their cross references in the past.

Jill, I'm so glad you dropped in and I hope you'll join us on a regular basis. We need more female perspective on this forum. Tammy is a regular and an avid TIMEX collector. So, I know she'll enjoy having another lady join the ranks.

Cheers, happy.gif

Ed

Visit my website:
EdHeffington.com

Jill Thompson

Thanks

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 2:54 PM 

I will try that and see if it gets the watch working again. Fingers crossed. Also, thank you for the welcome!

Tammy

Hi Jill, and welcome!

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 3:26 PM 

I just replaced the battery in this ladies Timex Electric with a mesh band. I use 393 but the 323 works the same. I used a squirt of CRC QD Electronic Cleaner on the movement, put a drop of watch oil on the balance wheel jewel, and replaced the battery and it's working perfectly now. I just have to polish the crystal, case and band.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Jill

To Tammy

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 6:17 PM 

Hey, I think it is the same watch! Where do you get the cleaner and watch oil you mention? I am new to that kind of thing. I came to this forum by way of web search looking for info about this watch. I have been a thrift/flea market shopper, although not as much time for that kind of thing presently, and in the process have found that sometimes all a watch needs is a battery to get it working again. So far I've not attempted anything beyond that.

Thank you for the welcome!

Tammy

I think it is the same

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 6:22 PM 

I got the CRC QD cleaner and the watch oil on Ebay. I live in a tiny town with nowhere to shop so I buy almost everything online. Sometimes a Timex Electric just needs a "bump" start to get it wotking. After you put in the baterry, just bump the watch on your palm or give it a firm twist to see if that will get it going. The guys here know much more about watch repair than I do but they are very generous and always willing to help.

Jill

Me, too

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 6:35 PM 

Live in a rural area myself. Not sure there would anywhere in the nearest town to me that would sell this type thing. Thanks again for the information.

EdH

Jill, if you live in the USA and there is a town near you that has a Lowe's >>>>

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 7:14 PM 

Building Supply or a Home Depot, you can get the CRC Contact Cleaner. It's in a spray can. The watch oil can either come from a watchmaker supply company online, or go to Radio Shack and get their Silicon Oil dispenser. This is a synthetic oil that I use to oil my watches. To control the amount of oil, you can use a straight pin, or go to a pharmacy and ask them for the smallest insulin hypodermic needle and you can draw the oil into that and use it to oil the key components.

Hope this helps, and again, WELCOME to the Forum. From your posts, it sounds like you've already "caught" the watch collecting "bug." LOL!

Cheers, happy.gif

Ed

Visit my website:
EdHeffington.com

Jill

Re: Jill, if you live in the USA and there is a town near you that has a Lowe's >>>>

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 7:27 PM 

Thank you! There is a Lowe's in the nearest city to me and a Radio Shack.

EdH

COOL, Jill...sounds like you're on the way to being a watch "fixer-upper" (nt)

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 9:22 PM 

Cheers, happy.gif

Ed

Visit my website:
EdHeffington.com

Jill

Thanks!

No score for this post
March 1 2011, 10:36 PM 

It is wonderfully amazing to me, how you can ask for advice and receive such kind and willing responses! I appreciate it so much!

Richard

Big welcome from me too,

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 7:45 PM 

Welcome Jill, Lovely to have another female member.
Be sure to visit often. This forum is a gold mine of information, not just Timex either.
Posts are often very amusing,and I get a good Belly laugh from many of the members, dry sense of humor!
Check out the Contest page, where we have a give away almost every month,some beauty's have gone already.
The Links page is also a very nice place to visit, & the Sales & Trade page for bargains.
Cheers Richard.

Jill

Appreciate everyone's hospitality and kindess!

No score for this post
March 1 2011, 10:37 PM 

Michael Morrill

A belated welcome from me too Jill

No score for this post
March 2 2011, 8:08 PM 

Looks like the Ladies are taking over..LOL, J/K Welcome, hope you like it here, I know I do!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter