The dial feet on the new dial were as expected not correct so I had to do some more customizing. Fortunetly I had the original dial so I cut the diameter down to 1mm less than the new dial for overlap and cut out the inside to just a bit shy of the dial feet.
I then used a rubber foam block to hold the dial feet ring so I could sand it flat, worked perfectly and very simple just lay your sandpaper (220 grit) upside on a flat surface and slowly work the ring til desired effect, in this case very thin so the new dial sits with enough clearance for the hands. The new dial is being epoxied on with 10 ton epoxy and will be ready for prefit by sunday. The new dial has no date but it's more work to remove the date feature from the movement so it stays. Working on the movement ring next.