| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 23 2011 at 12:02 PM
No score for this post

from IP address 70.105.221.101

To all the good people on this forum my best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving no matter where in the world you may be! I will be busy cooking for 20 so I thought I would get that in now!
[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Paul

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada!! Paul nt

No score for this post
November 23 2011, 3:33 PM 

JerseyMo

Will be wearing latest Russian

No score for this post
November 23 2011, 4:07 PM 

Just got this one from my Russian connection. Will wearing it to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

[linked image]

happy.gif

Michael Morrill

Nice find

No score for this post
November 24 2011, 10:35 AM 

VERY cool Russian Air Force model please ask your Russian connection if he can come up with a Slava. Transistor, my "Grail" of Grails!

technoguy

Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone...

No score for this post
November 23 2011, 6:44 PM 

Like most, I have MUCH to give thanks for this year...like still being alive after my near fatal bout of pneumonia late last year that required six MONTHS of rehab to fully recover from!

Well, just when I thought I would not be getting a new watch this year, yet another Stauer has caught my eye. It's a bit pricey, but I can't get the image of its retro vintage dial out of my mind. That's a very good sign considering how picky I am with the timepieces I wear.

technoguy

BTW Turkeys do not refer to tomorrow as "Thanksgiving Day", but rather as "Turkey Extermination Day"!

technoguy

For the curious...

No score for this post
November 23 2011, 10:36 PM 

Here's an image of that Stauer "Ultimate Thin Quartz Watch" (less than 5 mm thick!) that I'm thinking of getting. It's dial is cream colored and based on an 1890's design. It also has a Swiss Ronda quartz movement which is a great movement for the price. Yes, it's a dress watch, but would make a nice change from the sporty Invicta "Pro Diver" that I usually wear.

technoguy

18903_L.jpg

Michael Morrill

Nice!

No score for this post
November 24 2011, 10:29 AM 

My vote is get it! I have had my eye on a 1930's style Stauer (the jump hour model) for some time.

technoguy

I've seen that...

No score for this post
November 24 2011, 3:47 PM 

"Jump hour" model, but recently saw one called the "Dashboard" model. It has a cushion shaped case looks somewhat like a bathroom scale with a larger window near the top of the case. Unlike the "Jump hour" model, it uses "sliding" hours that just slowly turn clockwise past a central vertical reference line.

It's much easlier to read than the "Jump hour" model and is based on a watch that was inspired by the dashboard instruments in the 1930's roadsters. You might want to check out this one before you make a buying decision.

technoguy

Michael Morrill

Thats the one!

No score for this post
November 25 2011, 11:45 AM 

My wife was on a flight to Texas and brought back a picture of it, no watch, just a picture! I like that 30's style! If memory serves me it is an automatic.

technoguy

Yep, it's an...

No score for this post
November 25 2011, 4:16 PM 

automatic and available in gold or silvertone. It's called the "Dashtronic" even though it has no electronics onboard. ShopNBC.com has one for $99 USD plus, IIRC, $7 shipping.

Below is a closeup of the "sliding" hour and minute dials. Looks alot easier to read to me than their jump hour model.

technoguy

17469_3.jpg

mrhany60

Gobble Gobble

No score for this post
November 24 2011, 7:24 AM 

First the summer turkeys [IMG][linked image][/IMG]
And now the autumn ones [IMG][linked image][/IMG]
Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Current Topic - Happy Thanksgiving!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter