| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Found this "Homage" Chrono in my mailbox this afternoon>>>>>

December 30 2011 at 9:37 PM
No score for this post

EdH 
from IP address 74.242.228.6

for which I have been searching for many moons. This is a TIMEX homage to the Omega Speedmaster (or Moon watch). If you compare, the biggest difference is that TIMEX put the "12" marker numeral whereas the Omega has all stick markers.

This is a great watch....solid stainless steel case and a semi-solid link stainless bracelet. (Semi-solid means that the outer links are solid and the inner links are folded.)

Specs are: 41mm w/o crown; 44 w/crown; 12mm thick; 20mm lug width.

And the price was MUCHO less than a "Speedy." Here are some pix fresh out of the camera:
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Thanks for looking and....please....happy.gif wipe your drool off your computer screen! happy.gif

Photobucket

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Ian

Nice

No score for this post
December 31 2011, 3:20 AM 

Ed,

I've never seen that before. Is it recent? I thought it didnt have indigo marking but I see one down at the bottom.

Very nice and a happy new year to you and your family when it comes.

Ian

EdH

I believe it to be a new model, but with limited distribution (more)>>>

No score for this post
December 31 2011, 8:22 AM 

with the exception of one USA seller, all of the other sellers were in the UK. I think it's a model available only in the UK. If anyone else has any info, please share.

Thanks for looking!

Photobucket

Richard

Very nice indeed Ed,

No score for this post
December 31 2011, 6:03 AM 

Is it still a current model? I gotta get me one of those,dribble!
Very Happy New Year to you Ed.

EdH

Thank you, Richard! It seems to be a new model with limited distribution (more)>>>>

No score for this post
December 31 2011, 8:24 AM 

as all of the sellers, with the exception of one USA seller, are all in the UK. From my research, it may be a UK only model. The model number is: T2N563. If you do a search on eBay you will see what I mean. The USA seller, as of yesterday, had one left and he had the lowest price.

Thanks for looking.

Photobucket

Richard

Ed, thank you for the info.

No score for this post
December 31 2011, 5:45 PM 

As you say US seller was the cheapest but postage was high. I've now got one coming from the UK.
Have a great 2012.
Cheers Richard

Ian

Richard

No score for this post
December 31 2011, 10:13 AM 

Thanks to Ed's model number, I've found a couple of UK sellers

Amazon.co.uk have a couple left and Watches2u as well.

Both offer free UK delivery. If you can't get one down under, I'd be happy to act as intermediary and post one on for you.

Ian

Richard

Ian, thank you for the offer,

No score for this post
December 31 2011, 5:40 PM 

I found it on EBay, US seller had the cheapest price, but UK seller had the cheapest post.
One is now on the way down under!
Have a great 2012.
Cheers Richard.

technoguy

VERY Nice!...

No score for this post
December 31 2011, 1:57 PM 

I generally do not like the "distraction" of a chrono's subdials, but Timex (and Omega!) did it "right" with that model and it looks great. The subdials are there if you need them, but otherwise don't distract from the watch's primary function: telling the time of day!

Since it's quartz, I think I'd be interested if it's available in a two tone model.

When someone sees a person wearing a watch like that, he automatically assumes they paid a mint for it!

technoguy

Ian

Two tone

No score for this post
December 31 2011, 3:08 PM 

Think this is the closest they do in two tone.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Model T2M423

Get clicking!

Ian

technoguy

Yowza!...

No score for this post
December 31 2011, 9:17 PM 

My that IS a beautiful timepiece and I find it "doing more" for me than that Skagen I was so enamored with awhile ago.

Thanks for the model number. I'll check it out on Amazon when I get a chance.

technoguy

Michael Morrill

I have it in the two tone

No score for this post
January 7 2012, 8:53 PM 

It is a very handsome piece, albeit very large.

EdH

TG, thank you for your kind words! Yes, the dial is "Easy" to read! (nt)

No score for this post
December 31 2011, 7:55 PM 

happy.gif

Photobucket

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter