| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

1980 olympic watch

February 21 2012 at 5:19 PM
No score for this post

from IP address 109.76.52.181

Hi new to this forum and would like any info on the 1980 moscow olympic
watch that i purchased on E bay its lie new including box.
many thanks Dean + how do i insert a photo ?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
George S

Welcome Dean

No score for this post
February 21 2012, 9:07 PM 

A lot of us use the Photobucket feature which is linked to this site (at the bottom of the create message page). Its free to sign up. (Photobucket.com) Then you simply upload the picture to your account, copy its url (right click to photo and select copy url), and paste the url in your post. You can do most of this without leaving the forum. You can also paste the url of a picture stored on any other file sharing site. Looking forward to viewing your Olympic Timex.

dean

1980 olympic

No score for this post
February 22 2012, 5:05 PM 

many thanks George
heres a photo of the watch.
[linked image]

A stunning rarity

No score for this post
February 22 2012, 5:53 PM 

I sure would like one of those!

dean

1980 olympic

No score for this post
February 22 2012, 5:09 PM 

many thanks George
heres a photo of the watch.
[linked image]
[linked image]

George S

Re: 1980 olympic

No score for this post
February 22 2012, 9:25 PM 

Great piece Dean. These are very hard to come by especially with box and papers. Thanks for sharing. Is this the beginning of your Timex collection?. If so, be careful, it can get addictive.

dean

olympic

No score for this post
February 23 2012, 2:10 AM 

i paid 90 euro including postage .
may be dear ! but it is mint .
dean

technoguy

I think that bezel is referred to as...

No score for this post
February 23 2012, 8:03 AM 

the "Pepsi" bezel because the color combination is very similar to the colors used on cans of Pesicola soda. Hmmm...wonder if the real Pespicola Company isn't somehow behind this!

I also note from the shapes of the luminous hour markers that this is yet another "homage" to the iconic Rolex "Submariner". Even Timex could not resist riding their coat tails to higher profits.

I love the day / date display on these Timex watches. It proves one can have readable information from them, especially from the date window, without having to resort to a "Cyclops" magnifier lens on the crystal (yet another Rolex innovation).

technoguy

Jack from Philadelphia

It also has...

No score for this post
February 23 2012, 3:48 PM 

a 12-hour GMT bezel as opposed to the usual diver's 60-minute bezel. You don't see them often on Timex.

Current Topic - 1980 olympic watch
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter